X Rated
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

134 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  11:26:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, I've wanted to ask this question for a while and have held back, so as not to embarrass poor Medusa, but can't find a similar topic..

So, when I get Medusa out one of the first things he does is pop this purple thing (possible penis?) out of his vent which then (from either side) deposits two think, cloudy, gooey lumps. He then just carries on as normal.

My suspicians are that he has hit puberty and this is semen, however could it be anything more serious than that and should I be concerned?

Thank you for your advice, if it helps I can probably get pictures (not sure anyone would want to see them though!)

Tina and Medusa x

1.0.0 normal corn - Medusa
1.1.0 cats - George and Meg
0.0.0.4 Giant African Snails

Location Cranleigh, Surrey

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  11:30:01  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Aww, bless him. Sounds like it might be his age. Those with more experience are probably better to answer than me. They might like photos to rule out anything nasty.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  11:32:55  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sounds like you've got a snake that 'likes' you! XD

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  12:53:56  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think youll find it's musking you,its a defensive thing some snakes do to deterent preditors,does it smell bad? My kingsnakes used to do it all the time,but never heard of corns doing it.

Edited by - lee2308 on 05/08/2010 12:55:15
Go to Top of Page

princessbroxy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
310 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  12:58:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
omg is this what I've got to look forward to pmsl

0.0.2 Aneries: Dorito + Sparkles
1.1.0 Hypo Het Lavender Bloodreds: Chilli + Pepper
1.0.0 Motley Butter: Dave
0.1.0 Ghost stripe : Sssam
0.1.0 Lavender: Princesss Annie
0.1.0 Normal: Medusa (baby sitting for 3 years)
2.2.0 Royal Python: Rafiki , Zazu , Pumba + Timone
1.0.0 orange ghost Python:Buster
1.0.0 Pastel python: enygma
0.1.0 spider python:
Kendra
0.1.0 66% het pied: sally
1.0.0 red tail cat fish (Morph)R.I.P
7.2.0 cats (M.I.B.,Picasso,Dealy,Storm,Gokoo,Merc,Chaos,Stitch,Peanuts)
Welcome to my petting zoo lol

Have you ever noticed when you run into a spiders web you all of a sudden turn into a ninja
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

134 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  13:15:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Lee - I have never noticed any kind of smell, they come out like almost pea sized cubes, not runny. He's never shown any signs of being nervous but having quickly googled this it could be what he's doing. I assumed because of this purple organ that keeps appearing out of his vent that he is a "he" but could females do this as well?

Thank you for your help.

Tina and Medusa x

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  13:52:46  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Mine does this when he musk's, he also seems to fling a bit of poo sometimes or something that looks like poo when he does it. Sometimes it's just clear and sometimes its a caramel colour and other times it's a semen coloured colour. What colour is it? How old is the snake?

Females have something kinda that colour too.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  14:05:18  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Medusa09

Hi Lee - I have never noticed any kind of smell, they come out like almost pea sized cubes, not runny. He's never shown any signs of being nervous but having quickly googled this it could be what he's doing. I assumed because of this purple organ that keeps appearing out of his vent that he is a "he" but could females do this as well?

Thank you for your help.

if its not runny then its more than likely just urates,the purple is its bowl and some times this can prolaspe and not go back in but most show a bit of their bowl when pooing so i would just keep a eye on it.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

134 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  14:44:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Lee - Urate (as in urine?) has always turned very chalky and solid quite quickly, however this stuff just remains sticky (for want of a better word!) It's very interesting though that what I thought was his penis is actually bowel, you learn something new everyday...
I will keep an eye on it, thank you for your help.

Tina and Medusa x

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

134 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  14:47:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Sta~ple, s/he's about 17months old, it's always a milky colour and comes out in neat little sticky cubes that stick to its sides when it pulls its bowel back in!

Tina and Medusa x

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  15:17:48  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
my moneys still on musk,but coming out in cubes is very strange,perhaps you could video it doing it or a good clear photo of it.

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  15:51:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think its musking, unless, he is flinging himself all over, trying to get away and you are holding him down.
I don't think corns actually musk, I don't think they have the glands for it, however, they can sure cr*p on you, and that's pretty bad.
When he does this, does he favour one side or could it be either?
Reason being, snakes have hemipenes, not a penis, and there are 2, one either side.
Urates solidifies very quickly upon contact with air, its supposed to, so I would guess you got a fella there that's showing some love.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

134 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  16:06:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mike, he does this when he's perfectly still, not stressed at all (or showing no signs of being stressed) this purple thing pops out of his vent, both sides fill up (you can actually see it doing it) then as it folds it all away these sticky bits (almost the same shape as the tubes it comes out of)just get stuck either to the towel he's on or himself! It's peculiar.

Tina and Medusa x

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000