drinking water
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

28 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  07:29:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello there, I'm new to this forum and have only had my new crimson corn snake (Sgt pepper!!) a few weeks, he looks very healthy and happy and feeds and handles well and seems to like being handled, my question is how do I know if he's drinking water? he spends all day hiding and never comes out yet so I've never actually seen him drink and water or go anywhere near his bowl! I'm sure he is but just wondering what you lot thought as you're alot more experienced, thanks loads for your help, cheers.

play up pompey

n/a
deleted

28 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  07:35:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just to say that I'm not sure why it says snake mite under my name!!! that's not what this is about, sorry I'm new and it just appeared for some reason, thanks!

play up pompey
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  09:10:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your snake is most probably drinking it is just that you dont see it. Only rarely do i see any of mine drinking,

the snake mite under your name just gives an indication of how many posts you have made.

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  09:38:01  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
A lot of cornsnakes drink in private. There are quite a few people on here that have never seen their snake drinking.
You could try holding him over the edge of his water bowl when you put him back in his viv.
My Sidney sometimes gets thirsty when I have him out and he often just has a little drink when I put him back.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

princessbroxy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
310 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  13:02:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I must be one of the lucky ones on here i see mine drink nearly every day but mostly at night and especially after feeding time...but don't worry about it he probably doing it at night when no ones watching there really fly that way

0.0.2 Aneries: Dorito + Sparkles
1.1.0 Hypo Het Lavender Bloodreds: Chilli + Pepper
1.0.0 Motley Butter: Dave
0.1.0 Ghost stripe : Sssam
0.1.0 Lavender: Princesss Annie
0.1.0 Normal: Medusa (baby sitting for 3 years)
2.2.0 Royal Python: Rafiki , Zazu , Pumba + Timone
1.0.0 orange ghost Python:Buster
1.0.0 Pastel python: enygma
0.1.0 spider python:
Kendra
0.1.0 66% het pied: sally
1.0.0 red tail cat fish (Morph)R.I.P
7.2.0 cats (M.I.B.,Picasso,Dealy,Storm,Gokoo,Merc,Chaos,Stitch,Peanuts)
Welcome to my petting zoo lol

Have you ever noticed when you run into a spiders web you all of a sudden turn into a ninja
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  14:08:17  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i have never seen my boa drink,but i dont worry about it as she looks fine,more than likely your corn is drinking once the room is empty and your all a bed

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

28 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  19:31:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok, thanks very much for replies, what a great forum, never been on one before and never about snakes, cheers!

play up pompey
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

28 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  19:36:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gmac

Your snake is most probably drinking it is just that you dont see it. Only rarely do i see any of mine drinking,

the snake mite under your name just gives an indication of how many posts you have made.

. thanks for letting me know what snake mite means!!! ha ha ha ha I'll have to get on here more often and answer some (if I can) nice one.

play up pompey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000