Page: of 3

princessbroxy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
310 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  01:09:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

I have to be careful when I get the mice from infront of the freezer, they do look very sweet, but its the way the blood splatters up the microwave and the boiler that gets me into trouble!
My mice are bound by one rule, they bite, they die, simple.
I have to feed one of my boas live, which is a bugger, but this one time, it survived, she didn't take it, so I was gonna let it live, but no, it bit me on the way out, WHACK!
Dammit, blood on the viv, over the wall, I just can't win!

Still, the scent of blood does make the snakes feed very well!!

Oh, I killed a pinky the other day, damn thing split from head to a*se!
Moral is, don't hit pinkies too hard, they just can't keep themselves together!

lmao

0.0.2 Aneries: Dorito + Sparkles
1.1.0 Hypo Het Lavender Bloodreds: Chilli + Pepper
1.0.0 Motley Butter: Dave
0.1.0 Ghost stripe : Sssam
0.1.0 Lavender: Princesss Annie
0.1.0 Normal: Medusa (baby sitting for 3 years)
2.2.0 Royal Python: Rafiki , Zazu , Pumba + Timone
1.0.0 orange ghost Python:Buster
1.0.0 Pastel python: enygma
0.1.0 spider python:
Kendra
0.1.0 66% het pied: sally
1.0.0 red tail cat fish (Morph)R.I.P
7.2.0 cats (M.I.B.,Picasso,Dealy,Storm,Gokoo,Merc,Chaos,Stitch,Peanuts)
Welcome to my petting zoo lol

Have you ever noticed when you run into a spiders web you all of a sudden turn into a ninja
Go to Top of Page

sullysteve
Yearling

United Kingdom
507 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  01:46:52  Show Profile  Visit sullysteve's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think they look like prawns in the freezer. Infact, there have been so many times I have been tempted to throw a few in a stir fry or something.
Could you do that??

1.0 Corns Geoff (Ghost)
0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Heidi
1.1 Kings - Pete (Florida) + Mamba (Cali Stripe)
1.2 Ball Pythons (Pastel + Bumblebee + Normal)

Go to Top of Page

princessbroxy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
310 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  02:38:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
pmsl aye if your feeding them to someone else but i think the bones might give them away lol...It would be funny tho

0.0.2 Aneries: Dorito + Sparkles
1.1.0 Hypo Het Lavender Bloodreds: Chilli + Pepper
1.0.0 Motley Butter: Dave
0.1.0 Ghost stripe : Sssam
0.1.0 Lavender: Princesss Annie
0.1.0 Normal: Medusa (baby sitting for 3 years)
2.2.0 Royal Python: Rafiki , Zazu , Pumba + Timone
1.0.0 orange ghost Python:Buster
1.0.0 Pastel python: enygma
0.1.0 spider python:
Kendra
0.1.0 66% het pied: sally
1.0.0 red tail cat fish (Morph)R.I.P
7.2.0 cats (M.I.B.,Picasso,Dealy,Storm,Gokoo,Merc,Chaos,Stitch,Peanuts)
Welcome to my petting zoo lol

Have you ever noticed when you run into a spiders web you all of a sudden turn into a ninja
Go to Top of Page

ilovemypets1988
Hatchling

United Kingdom
328 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  07:26:19  Show Profile  Click to see ilovemypets1988's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
princess, even if they are bred for food in captivity, they are at the end of the day known as a pest and there are plenty of them to go around, afterall there are 20,000 mice to every human, thats the ratio on this planet, so really when u think about it, the snakes ae doing us all a favor by eating them.

another thing that u have to remember is that without the pinkies, the snake would starve and die and also if we didnt have this paticular food item for snakes they would just die off from captivity as we will need to get them from the wild which would incurethe killing part of it aswel as diseases in the snake so dont worry about it, im sure that u will eventually get use to it.

and saying that u shouldnt have a snake becoz of this is going ott and would u say to a vegetarian not to have a dog because they dont like meat - as they may have to put the dog down, that comment was just rediculous and beyond a joke, its something a child would say!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  09:57:19  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sullysteve

I think they look like prawns in the freezer. Infact, there have been so many times I have been tempted to throw a few in a stir fry or something.
Could you do that??

Don't see why not, just down't give your snake prawns and don't be shocked if people look/think of you as weird for eating baby mice :p suppose their soft bones would give it an extra crunch

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  11:40:06  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
@ Mike - HAHAHAHA stunning!

I wouldn't personally eat them - I'm not up on bones myself, but feel free - let us know what they're like!!!

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  15:29:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ilovemypets1988

princess, even if they are bred for food in captivity, they are at the end of the day known as a pest and there are plenty of them to go around, afterall there are 20,000 mice to every human, thats the ratio on this planet, so really when u think about it, the snakes ae doing us all a favor by eating them.

another thing that u have to remember is that without the pinkies, the snake would starve and die and also if we didnt have this paticular food item for snakes they would just die off from captivity as we will need to get them from the wild which would incurethe killing part of it aswel as diseases in the snake so dont worry about it, im sure that u will eventually get use to it.

and saying that u shouldnt have a snake becoz of this is going ott and would u say to a vegetarian not to have a dog because they dont like meat - as they may have to put the dog down, that comment was just rediculous and beyond a joke, its something a child would say!!!!!!!!!!!

To be fair, I think you have started putting words in the posters mouth, a person who doesn't like meat, even fed to another animal is not gonna have a dog in the first place, so no, 'their dog' is never gonna be in a position to need putting down.
If someone does not like the fact that a snake eats rodents, be it defrost or live, then said snake is the wrong pet for them, simple really.
To say that that is ridiculous is rediculous in itself.

Go to Top of Page

ilovemypets1988
Hatchling

United Kingdom
328 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2010 :  03:01:35  Show Profile  Click to see ilovemypets1988's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
mike u will find that 20% of dog owners are acually vegetarians wether they would be a direct or inderict owner of a dog so its a very valid point
Go to Top of Page

BurnedAtTheStake
Yearling

United Kingdom
915 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2010 :  20:20:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a little hazy on this point, but as far as I know, dogs don't actually need first class protein ie meat, to be healthy. So in practice you can feed a dog on a vegetarian (but not vegan) diet. Unlike cats, who must have meat. (Although show me the dog who'd refuse a lump of beef!)

Princess, I sympathise. I always apologise to the mice. But the way I look at it is, the snakes have got to eat ...
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2010 :  09:29:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

mike u will find that 20% of dog owners are acually vegetarians wether they would be a direct or inderict owner of a dog so its a very valid point

I meant someone who didnt like feeding another animal meat, whether they are vegitarian themselves is irrelevant.

Go to Top of Page

ilovemypets1988
Hatchling

United Kingdom
328 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2010 :  20:35:12  Show Profile  Click to see ilovemypets1988's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ok sorry mike, i see what u meant know lol, if im wrong i will admit it, one thing tho, how do u feed live mice to snakes without them getting hurt anyway
Go to Top of Page

BurnedAtTheStake
Yearling

United Kingdom
915 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2010 :  21:25:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I read recently that it was alleged that a snake constricted and kiled a rodent faster than a co2 chamber took to humanely kill mice for snakes' consumption ...

Not that I would ever want to live feed.

Go to Top of Page

ilovemypets1988
Hatchling

United Kingdom
328 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  00:40:21  Show Profile  Click to see ilovemypets1988's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
personally, i wouldnt mind live feeding just the once, just to see the snake doing wot its "programed" to do, it would make an interesting sight i think
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  02:20:08  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

personally, i wouldnt mind live feeding just the once, just to see the snake doing wot its "programed" to do, it would make an interesting sight i think

Heavily discussed topic in the past, and not recommended.
I will point you to a linky to have a read through.

But as of now, I don't want ANYONE to respond to the idea of live feeding to any poster in this thread, we already have a thread for it, thank you.

Live feeding thread, here: http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9701

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

nikki-il-lilly
Hatchling

United Kingdom
123 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  02:29:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i used to not like feeding Dave and Alberta there mouse because i keep gerbils and hamsters but if you think about it if you dont feed it to your snake then the mouse died for reason :)
and just imagen its funny shaped chicken :)

Maggie the Candycane Casper the Ghoat motly and David the Carolina :D
Go to Top of Page

ilovemypets1988
Hatchling

United Kingdom
328 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  03:40:18  Show Profile  Click to see ilovemypets1988's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
sorry kehhlyr i didnt know there was already a thread for live feeding, if i did i would`ve looked at it and not said a word. sorry again
Go to Top of Page

BurnedAtTheStake
Yearling

United Kingdom
915 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  11:44:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, I didn't know there was a thread for live feeding either. As I say, not that I want to. A bit off topic here, but maybe still appropriate - I'm new here and I haven't yet found a way to do a 'search' on the forum for a given topic - is there that facility or should I just read through all the threads (getting there!) Sorry if this is a thick question ...
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  12:25:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

No, I didn't know there was a thread for live feeding either. As I say, not that I want to. A bit off topic here, but maybe still appropriate - I'm new here and I haven't yet found a way to do a 'search' on the forum for a given topic - is there that facility or should I just read through all the threads (getting there!) Sorry if this is a thick question ...

Top right of the screen there is a option for search, that lets you put in keywords and will search through the forum, if you also click the archive box, this will search through archived topics also

Go to Top of Page

BurnedAtTheStake
Yearling

United Kingdom
915 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  14:21:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah! Yes, staring me in the face! Computer illiterate, that's me!

Cheers!
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  14:27:28  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

sorry kehhlyr i didnt know there was already a thread for live feeding, if i did i would`ve looked at it and not said a word. sorry again

Just to let you know that the warning about not responding in this thread in regards live feeding wasn't directed at you, it just happened to be that I was responding to your post and felt the need to add it onto my response to you.
No need for the apology, and in all fairness, I could've worded my reply a bit better. So my apols as well.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000