New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Big Stew
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
35 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2010 :  19:40:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We've just had a frantic couple of minutes, my lad Daniel has just been to get his boot lace/ small corn for his weekly feed and couldn't find him. Definatey not in the viv or anywere on the selfing unit the viv is kept on, now the heart starts beating as we're going on holiday this weekend! ! ! When did you last see him, this morning when I changed his water came the reply. O heck the window in his bedroom is open, could he of gotten out there ? Then his sister says look there's the corn snake looking at us from behind the model railway. Must have been hungary and comme to look for his 2 pinkies. RELIEF O and a word of warning we believe he managed to get out between the 2 sheets of glass on the viv as every thing else is completely as it shoild be and closed. So I have just put some sticky daft excluder between the glass to stop it happening again, well hopefully

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2010 :  20:40:00  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You were too lucky!
Happy everything turned out fine..!
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2010 :  23:07:24  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
thats a very well known escape root,put a piece of cardbord in there.

Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2010 :  23:10:53  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
that was just veeery lucky

yeah i saw scooby get out from in between the galss he got his head out, had a nose and just went back in again... lol never understood him but i put cardboard there, he tries but never got his head out again :D

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

Big Stew
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
35 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2010 :  23:38:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My son Dan only took the last lot of foam draft strip off because it looked like it had grown enough so that the gap didn't look plausible.He must have been a bit thinner as it was feeding day.Lesson Learned
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2010 :  10:52:54  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Big Stew

My son Dan only took the last lot of foam draft strip off because it looked like it had grown enough so that the gap didn't look plausible.He must have been a bit thinner as it was feeding day.Lesson Learned

I think so long as they can squeeze their head through, the rest will follow.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2010 :  05:13:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

I think so long as they can squeeze their head through, the rest will follow.

I think you are right Danny, especially with the little ones (not so sure about my Kellog as he has been known to get stuck going through a hole in a shoebox )....but did you realise that their skulls can actually squash almost flat? That is why they are such amazing escape artists!

Am so glad you found Seath....I can just imagine how devastated Daniel was when he escaped and how he would have felt if Seath hadnt decided to take a look at the model railway!

As Lee says, that is a very well known escape route for little ones. I have paper binders on the inside edge of the glass door....which not only blocks the gap but also softens the edge of the glass when they rub their noses against it. Looks nicer than cardboard but not infallible....I think Tatsie-j's Zebedee escaped from her viv despite the paper binder.

Do hope you have managed to make it escape proof to your satisfaction....I guess time will only tell whether Seath will try another escape attempt !

xxx

Go to Top of Page

KITTYCAT
Hatchling

United Kingdom
492 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2010 :  07:46:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mine did that too when they were young i put a piece of draft excluder on the inside panel of glass it worked great.

1.0.0 carolina corn (herbie)
0.1.0 snow corn (casper)
0.0.1 anery motley corn(diesel)
0.0.1 calafornia banded king snake (ozzy)
0.1.0 royal python (pandora)
0.0.1 boa constrictor (bullet)
1.0.0 weinmaraner (zac)
1.0.0 staffy (zeus)
1.1.0 cats (sophie n pepe)
0.0.1 fish (fish)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page