quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

quote:
Originally posted by meggypearce

am sorry but am i the only person who finds this a tad bit wrong seen as it has been one of your pets n that :/

nd yes as youu can probz tell that i do get extremely close nd that to my pets cuz most of them feel like family to me lol

i just dont understand why people would do this sort of thing tho. will someone actually try and explain it to me lmao x

What better way to preserve your pet than make it into something useful?

In the old day, if yo had a pet rabbit and it died, you would have rabbit for tea that night. I don't see the problem, the animal is dead it isn't going to miss it. If it isn't going to be used it will just rot in the ground until it becomes soil or plants using it at nutrients.

Sorry for my sense of black humour but ... how do you plan to recycle yourself when you drop off your perch?? LOL!

How most people do, donate organs.

Good, good, same here.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

434 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2010 :  10:46:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeahh i mean fair enough though tbh if thats wat youu do but i'm just sayingg that basically i could never do somethin like that cuz i get far too attached to all my pets lol :) x

burnedtothestake guy, that weird lil joke youu made meant no sense wat so ever lmaoo :L x

Megg :) xxx

Creamsickle Corn Snake- Tangoo (Ginge) :)

would love to have a granite corn snake but unfortunately not allowed cuz mum hates snakes haha :P x

Go to Top of Page

BurnedAtTheStake
Yearling

United Kingdom
915 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2010 :  10:51:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

yeahh i mean fair enough though tbh if thats wat youu do but i'm just sayingg that basically i could never do somethin like that cuz i get far too attached to all my pets lol :) x

burnedtothestake guy, that weird lil joke youu made meant no sense wat so ever lmaoo :L x

I'm female ... lmao too! (You know, it's a funny thing, people keep on telling me I'm not making sense ... wonder why ???)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

434 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2010 :  11:15:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
omg am soo sorry!! hope i didnt affend youu btw :/

and i will probably get wat youu meant in like an hour seen as brain works very slowly hahaa :D x

would love to have a granite corn snake but unfortunately not allowed cuz mum hates snakes haha :P x

Go to Top of Page

BurnedAtTheStake
Yearling

United Kingdom
915 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2010 :  11:35:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

omg am soo sorry!! hope i didnt affend youu btw :/

and i will probably get wat youu meant in like an hour seen as brain works very slowly hahaa :D x

No, no, you didn't offend me at all - it's difficult with some of these user names - they can be kind of ambiguous. All the best.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

434 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2010 :  15:27:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
good good :) got worried then though cuz hate affendingg people lol :) x

Go to Top of Page

zandefloss
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2010 :  16:21:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am fascinated by this project and am certainly considering these options with some of my animals, I can understand how some people may be offended and struggle to understand, however I feel it is a nice way to commemorate a pets life and certainly does not show a disrespect for the animal as a pet. Having seen a lot of my animals die, I believe that when you see the life move out of their eyes, it is just a body left. I still respect the body as a vessel of my friends life, but have no problem in making the most use out of their bodies, I think it can be a very respectful and fitting end.

zan x
Go to Top of Page

BurnedAtTheStake
Yearling

United Kingdom
915 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2010 :  17:04:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zandefloss

I am fascinated by this project and am certainly considering these options with some of my animals, I can understand how some people may be offended and struggle to understand, however I feel it is a nice way to commemorate a pets life and certainly does not show a disrespect for the animal as a pet. Having seen a lot of my animals die, I believe that when you see the life move out of their eyes, it is just a body left. I still respect the body as a vessel of my friends life, but have no problem in making the most use out of their bodies, I think it can be a very respectful and fitting end.

zan x

SENTIMENTAL TALE - NOT FOR THE TOUGH

I know what you mean - the body is simply the shell that that entity has lived in. When death occurs, there is nothing there any more. However, though I don't give a monkey's whatsit what they do to me after I die, I'm a sentimental idiot when it comes to my pets. I have a terracotta pot in my (paved)garden containing Jacinth, my first Siamese. She had a sudden short illness at 14 (kidneys) in 1998 and I was advised to let her go. She fell asleep in my arms. I couldn't bear to leave her at the vet's for cremation, so brought her home for burial. Several years later me and my OH (still mates, sweet guy) have split up, he's moving out. I can't let Jassy go with the house, so ... here she is.

Dammit, I even apologise to frozen mice!!

Why are we so sentimental?
Go to Top of Page

zandefloss
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2010 :  17:26:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
there's nothing wrong with being sentimental, nothing at all, I get really sentimental over my pets, I think different people deal with it in different ways. I feel respectful towards all dead animals, I often thank the animal before eating meat, which I'm sure many people think is mad, but to me it is by way of appreciating that something has died for my pleasure and nourishment. Leaving animals at the vets is very hard, but I find it gets easier the more animals I have lost over the years.

zan x
Go to Top of Page

BurnedAtTheStake
Yearling

United Kingdom
915 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2010 :  17:52:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zandefloss

there's nothing wrong with being sentimental, nothing at all, I get really sentimental over my pets, I think different people deal with it in different ways. I feel respectful towards all dead animals, I often thank the animal before eating meat, which I'm sure many people think is mad, but to me it is by way of appreciating that something has died for my pleasure and nourishment. Leaving animals at the vets is very hard, but I find it gets easier the more animals I have lost over the years.

zan x

It doesn't ... I'm 58 and I've had animals all my life. I do take on board what you've said, though ... Red Indians used to do that, didn't they? Thank animals before they killed them for meat.

You will think I'm totally self-contradictory, but I've been talking about pets here, and not animals that I have eaten. I am a meat eater myself and have killed rabbits for meat and have had to kill poultry and wildlife out of mercy.

When I think about my pets I tend to forget that. The human mindset is very strange!
Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2010 :  10:10:20  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've had to put down some of my pets over the years. My dad suggested a tied plastic bag, as they slowly use the air and drift off to sleep.

It's always upsetting to lose a pet, especially if you've had it a while, but I guess the way I see it is..that's the life cycle, and when one dies it means you have room for another!

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2010 :  11:10:18  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mouse

I've had to put down some of my pets over the years. My dad suggested a tied plastic bag, as they slowly use the air and drift off to sleep......

A crude but effective co2 chamber technically.
Although it can take a lot longer inside there because of the low rate of oxygen intake.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2010 :  21:21:00  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lewy's auntie is after collecting skeletons (or at least skulls) from loads of different animals, so if anyone wants to make a donation then let me know.

She asked if she would be able to have one of our snakes when it moves on, but we bury all our lost pets under the Magnolia tree.

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2010 :  22:09:14  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Kelloggs head and neck is still in the ants nest having the flesh eaten off it.
When they're done, if it comes out ok I shall pass it on.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

876 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2010 :  15:57:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

Kelloggs head and neck is still in the ants nest having the flesh eaten off it.
When they're done, if it comes out ok I shall pass it on.

After you have taken photos for us to see!!

xXx

Slinky-Tallulah-Fairy-Bell

"My Heart has joined The Thousand for my friend stopped running today"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000