Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2010 :  09:21:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
kellogg - channel4 are doing a series of programmes called Inside Natures Giants, they did a dissection of a massive python.. was awesome - can watch them online for free plus theres loads of other species aswell..elephant, giraffe, lion, tiger and shark ect

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2010 :  16:19:27  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
^ They finished that now... You should be able to find it on torrentz and youtube.

I don't think it is a question of how attached to your animals you are and if you would cut it up, I think it's really to do with id people like insides and that kind of thing, morals and how people generally treat dead thing.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

joetheimpaler
Egg

United Kingdom
84 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2010 :  17:11:29  Show Profile  Visit joetheimpaler's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i like dead things too, if i find anything dead and in good shape outside i have a habit of putting it in alcohol to preserve it!!!

1 dog-indie
3 cats-martha,meow and pippin,
1 corn snake -Topaz.
4 chickens - Psycho, Dutch, Alan and ownage
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2010 :  12:54:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

kellogg - channel4 are doing a series of programmes called Inside Natures Giants.......

Managed to see a couple of them Hannah, luckily saw the python one which was amazing and the one showing the differences between the lion and tiger - or lack of differences as they discovered. I wonder how different it would have been if they had done a lion and cheetah.... Must try and watch the others online.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2010 :  14:13:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've just remember this topic now

Did you ever make your wallet, Kehhlyr?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

876 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2010 :  14:47:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

As some of you may know, I lost Kelloggs a few days ago.

Anyway, I was planning on doing an 'educational' autopsy on him for on here, but forgot about him when I put some lettuce over him in the salad drawer of my fridge.
So what I've done now is removed his head and mostly skinned it and put it into a container on an ants nest so should have a nice skull soon that may provide some good piccys.

He was skinned at the same time and his skin is now having a quick-chill in the freezer with some borax on to remove the remainder of the fibrous tissues and will be hopefully partially done in a couple of days.
I shall get some piccys of the end result (unless I royally stuff it up), should be quite interesting if done, a Snow-corn-skin wallet.

I am sorry for your loss.
I think its s Good Idea K- it means you get to carry round your Beloved snake! I guess you are the ultimate recycler!
I would be very interested in the photos when all is done :)
xXx

Slinky-Tallulah-Fairy-Bell

"My Heart has joined The Thousand for my friend stopped running today"
Go to Top of Page

BurnedAtTheStake
Yearling

United Kingdom
915 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2010 :  15:07:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there you guys, I'm a ten foot long corn snake called Hannibal. I used to sleep with my human until last week I woke up beside her ... woo ... TASTY BABE ... well. She made a nice meal! Trouble was, she was a bit thick skinned, so I regurged that ...

So, now I got a great human skin ... do I cure it and make a sleeping bag? Put a frame in it for a really funky viv? Sell it to Damien Hirst? It's gonna make a great HIDE...

HeHeHe!!

ps, from B.A.T.S. Sorry you lost your snake. But Hannibal had to have his little joke ... As we all know, snakes are so cold blooded ...
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  12:19:47  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Corns don't get to 10ft...

Go to Top of Page

BurnedAtTheStake
Yearling

United Kingdom
915 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  14:24:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

Corns don't get to 10ft...

I power-fed Hannibal LOL
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  14:33:25  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Still running very slow cleaning on the inside of the skin.
I'd imagine that most people with experience in it probably could've had it done by now, but doing in the kitchen when the missus isn't about is not an easy task.

Skin has still got all it's colours though, I'm just concerned about how it'll hold up once it has been cleaned, will I need to have a seperate bit for the 'hinged' side of the wallet, or how much slack will I need to give it. Plus will it shrink a bit more when it's finally on the wallet????

I shall get there, slowly.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

BurnedAtTheStake
Yearling

United Kingdom
915 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  14:48:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

Still running very slow cleaning on the inside of the skin.
I'd imagine that most people with experience in it probably could've had it done by now, but doing in the kitchen when the missus isn't about is not an easy task.

Skin has still got all it's colours though, I'm just concerned about how it'll hold up once it has been cleaned, will I need to have a seperate bit for the 'hinged' side of the wallet, or how much slack will I need to give it. Plus will it shrink a bit more when it's finally on the wallet????

I shall get there, slowly.

Poor Hannibal's just regurged ... eewwww!
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  14:51:22  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeh you need to be careful with the skin expanding, shirking. Will you be colouring the skin at all?

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  18:08:47  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yeh you need to be careful with the skin expanding, shirking. Will you be colouring the skin at all?

Nope shall be planning on leaving it natural. Being a snow corns, the white and yellow should look fantastic.

Go to Top of Page

CSN
Hatchling

United Kingdom
205 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  18:25:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

kellogg - channel4 are doing a series of programmes called Inside Natures Giants, they did a dissection of a massive python.. was awesome - can watch them online for free plus theres loads of other species aswell..elephant, giraffe, lion, tiger and shark ect

i watched that one hannah its was amazing

0.1.0 Karma - Creamsicle
0.1.0 Precious - Royal

http://www.TCS-Chat.tk
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

434 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  21:04:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
am sorry but am i the only person who finds this a tad bit wrong seen as it has been one of your pets n that :/

nd yes as youu can probz tell that i do get extremely close nd that to my pets cuz most of them feel like family to me lol

i just dont understand why people would do this sort of thing tho. will someone actually try and explain it to me lmao x

Megg :) xxx

Creamsickle Corn Snake- Tangoo (Ginge) :)

would love to have a granite corn snake but unfortunately not allowed cuz mum hates snakes haha :P x

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  21:14:59  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by meggypearce

am sorry but am i the only person who finds this a tad bit wrong seen as it has been one of your pets n that :/

nd yes as youu can probz tell that i do get extremely close nd that to my pets cuz most of them feel like family to me lol

i just dont understand why people would do this sort of thing tho. will someone actually try and explain it to me lmao x

What better way to preserve your pet than make it into something useful?

In the old day, if yo had a pet rabbit and it died, you would have rabbit for tea that night. I don't see the problem, the animal is dead it isn't going to miss it. If it isn't going to be used it will just rot in the ground until it becomes soil or plants using it at nutrients.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

434 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  21:18:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so right, in a way it would be like a memory of the pet as well as something useful lol (: x

Megg :) xxx

Creamsickle Corn Snake- Tangoo (Ginge) :)

would love to have a granite corn snake but unfortunately not allowed cuz mum hates snakes haha :P x

Go to Top of Page

BurnedAtTheStake
Yearling

United Kingdom
915 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  22:04:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

In the old day, if yo had a pet rabbit and it died, you would have rabbit for tea that night. I don't see the problem, the animal is dead it isn't going to miss it. If it isn't going to be used it will just rot in the ground until it becomes soil or plants using it at nutrients.

Sorry for my sense of black humour but ... how do you plan to recycle yourself when you drop off your perch?? LOL!
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  22:35:06  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

quote:

quote:

Sorry for my sense of black humour but ... how do you plan to recycle yourself when you drop off your perch?? LOL!

How most people do, donate organs.

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2010 :  22:44:15  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

Some people do and will find it a bit wrong, some people were also aware that I was planning on not only doing an 'educational autopsy' but was planning on cooking the meat up as well.

It may not be the nicest thing for people to hear or know about, but it's just how I am. I loved that snake to bits, he was my fave snake but unfortunately I have a twisted view on life in some respects in that I care for them totally when they're alive, but find it easier to let go when they do die by trying not to think of them as pets anymore.

Others who have followed my threads for quite some time also took bets on what egg would first hatch when I bred my ducks, yet I originally bred them to feed the ducklings to my snakes, rather than as pets. As it stands though, just hatched ducks are a lot bigger than chicks so ended up being pets.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000