Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  01:08:33  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
As some of you may know, I lost Kelloggs a few days ago.

Anyway, I was planning on doing an 'educational' autopsy on him for on here, but forgot about him when I put some lettuce over him in the salad drawer of my fridge.
So what I've done now is removed his head and mostly skinned it and put it into a container on an ants nest so should have a nice skull soon that may provide some good piccys.

He was skinned at the same time and his skin is now having a quick-chill in the freezer with some borax on to remove the remainder of the fibrous tissues and will be hopefully partially done in a couple of days.
I shall get some piccys of the end result (unless I royally stuff it up), should be quite interesting if done, a Snow-corn-skin wallet.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  06:41:32  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know what to make of that Phil...

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  07:56:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sounds interesting and disgusting at the same time lol

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  08:21:14  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I hope you haven't put his skin with your lettuce as well....

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  10:57:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poor Kelloggs

you can have a little piece of him whereever you go
i guess its kind of like people getting their dogs stuffed
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  11:19:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

I don't know what to make of that Phil...

I don't quite know either,

My opinion of Phil has changed from an escaped physcopath to an escaped phscyopathic doctor/scientist freak..

What type of monster are you creating Phil..?

Edited by - hillzi on 02/07/2010 11:19:38
Go to Top of Page

princess
Egg

United Kingdom
70 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  12:23:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sounds creepy and weird bt shud b a good looking wallet.

Caramel Cornsnake CB09 -Whisky.

3 Dogs Meg,Roxy & Buster
2 Cats Monty & Carlo
2 Birds Dorris & Borris
1 Hamster Alfie
( No You Cannot Feed It To The Snakes)

<3 Hiper2009 <3
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  12:35:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
in a way im really quite intruiged - something like that would be so unique but in a way a bit weird - id be too afraid to use it though in fear of it being ruined.

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  12:45:14  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Figs

Poor Kelloggs

you can have a little piece of him whereever you go
i guess its kind of like people getting their dogs stuffed

Lmao. That would have been good... like stuff the snake and add some like wire in there so you can pose the snake after you have stuffed him!

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  12:48:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just hope that he was a big snake! Otherwise you gonna have a real small wallet!!

Sorry to hear you lost him tho. Tis a shame

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  13:10:55  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I did consider having him stuffed but it wouldn't have been econimically viable at the moment so I removed a section of his skin from about 3 inches below his neck for about 15 inches.
Unfortunately as much as I loved that snake I'm also someone that has been life-hardened to the loss of anything I care about and to be honest I have never gotten attached to a pet like I would a biological family member/friend.
javascript:onClick=window.close()
It wont be the first time I've ended up burying a pet when they're incomplete and it probably wont be the last, sometimes just having a poke around can teach interesting stuff, provided you've got the stomach for it of course.
It could've been made all the worse if I had taken photos throughout the procedure. :/

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  14:20:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds interesting Phil. Im a bit like you then (worrying isnt it!), I would be really interested in getting a dead snake for dissection just to have a look.

Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  14:31:07  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Altho they're mostly buried outside, I've got the 2 baby snakes that didn't make it.... if u want them.....

Kehhlr...*hugs then backs off and has a shower!*

I thought Borax was an antibiotic treatment>?????? or have I muddled that with something else?!!

Btw, how did that friday go??

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Thante
Hatchling

United Kingdom
301 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  18:52:43  Show Profile  Visit Thante's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm glad there are other slightly sick people out there besides me. It shounds like exactly the type of thing i would do haha. Right now i have a thing for setting stuff into resin, last set was a couple of birds wings that i'd cut off a couple of blue tits that killed themselves by flying into a window.
They make lovely pendants :P

wouldn't mind seeing some pics of how you go out turning the skin into something usable.

0.1.0 Cherry - 09 Normal
1.0.0 Tequila - 09 Caramel Motley
Go to Top of Page

mikeyd_26
Yearling

United Kingdom
716 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  19:01:00  Show Profile  Click to see mikeyd_26's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
woah ur joking rite??

0.1.0 amel - TaLuLa
0.1.0 anery motley het amel, hypo - Bo
1.0.0 vanishing stripe unknown - Marley
1.0.0 hogg island boa - Iggy
0.1.0 hogg island boa - Luna
0.1.0 royal python - Buttons!
1.0.0 royal python 66% het albino - Steve
0.1.0 leopard gecko - Sheila
millions of beardies!
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  19:44:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mouse

Altho they're mostly buried outside, I've got the 2 baby snakes that didn't make it.... if u want them.....

Thanks for offering, but they will be a bit small

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  19:49:40  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thante

I'm glad there are other slightly sick people out there besides me. It shounds like exactly the type of thing i would do haha. Right now i have a thing for setting stuff into resin, last set was a couple of birds wings that i'd cut off a couple of blue tits that killed themselves by flying into a window.
They make lovely pendants :P

wouldn't mind seeing some pics of how you go out turning the skin into something usable.

Where do you live? Do you want some pigeons? They keep committing suicide against our windows :/ or my dad shoots them.

Go to Top of Page

Thante
Hatchling

United Kingdom
301 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  01:37:50  Show Profile  Visit Thante's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sta~ple - I'm in north Wales, sounds interesting, i've not done a larger bird before. Any idea on how the wings look, the ones i have are very pretty lots of colours which i think is why they work. I did some Black birds and they didn't work too well.

0.1.0 Cherry - 09 Normal
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  09:30:09  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Awww :( your so far away otherwise I would drop one off round your house.

Go to Top of Page

Thante
Hatchling

United Kingdom
301 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2010 :  16:59:48  Show Profile  Visit Thante's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Haha never mind. I'll just wait for the next daft bird to kill itself.

0.1.0 Cherry - 09 Normal
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2010 :  04:13:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyd_24

woah ur joking rite??

No joke Mikey. That is just the way Kehhlyr's mind works....and other people's as well. I am not so sure about the turning the skin into a wallet but I certainly would be interested in seeing a snake dissected, although I couldnt do it to my own - unlike Kehhlyr I get far too attached to my animals.

I do like the idea of a snake skin wallet....have an ostrich skin one at the moment and seen elephant skin, buffalo skin and crocodile skin ones as well. Let us know how it goes Phil.

xxx

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000