Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2010 :  05:48:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have replied to most of this on the other thread you commented on Reggie, so apologies for repeating information that Sta~ple has done such an amazing job giving you.

As I have said in my other comment, you really do need to get a digital thermometer as the dial and stick on ones are useless. They are a vital piece of equipment so that you can always be sure of what the temp in your vivs are....stats have been known to malfunction and often need tweaking to get the temp you want, as shown by the digital thermometer.

I am not surprised you only got to page 5 of the thread on co-habiting, it is a long one and shows how heated and emotional the topic is. But listen to Mike, he is a very experienced breeder and knows what he is talking about - if he says separate them as soon as possible, then do it!

Sta~ple's accident may have been a great surprise and turned out well, but it could also have turned out very differently....which is why she no longer keeps her corns together. And the difference she has found with the female's change in behaviour has shown how necessary it was. Unfortunately people look at corns that are in together all cuddled up and think that it is cute....when really they are actually competing for the best spot in the viv. In the wild corns only come together to mate and we shouldnt force them to do something in captivity they wouldnt do naturally, especially when it can have such disastrous consequences with young corns like yours. Sorry....didnt mean to go on, but it is a subject that gets people emotional and it is purely because we care about your corns and we can tell you do, and that you want what is best for them. You just need to learn what that is, fast....and do it, fast!

As Sta~ple has said, you only need the one water dish in the cool end....then you can add an extra water dish in the warm end if your snake needs help shedding, but by the sounds of it that wont be necessary (I still cant believe you have seen your male shed already!).

Again, apologies for repeating info in the 2 different threads....and I cant wait to see pics of your 2 beauties. This 'hands off' time is so frustrating but also so necessary....whatever is best for your snakes .

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2010 :  11:56:55  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
On Kellogs mention of digital thermometers, these are brilliant thermometer if you have an ebay account, they do the same job as any ones labelled for reptiles and they are cheaper ^^ http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DIGITAL-THERMOMETER-FAST-DISPATCH_W0QQitemZ330443823559QQihZ014QQcategoryZ93679QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m444QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DCRX%26its%3DC%252BS%26itu%3DSI%252BUA%252BLM%252BLA%26otn%3D5%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7594901461004140808#ht_3237wt_946

Good luck with naming your male, I had to get my mum to name both my normals!

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

reggie_69
Egg

United Kingdom
93 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2010 :  21:01:44  Show Profile  Click to see reggie_69's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hey sorry its taken me so long and thanks again on some awesome advice, sta~ple will get that thermometer from the link just gotta sort out the ebay thing,
and kellog you are another legend! yeah im seperating very soon (weekend), does this mean another week hands off is needed, they are due a feed on the 26th? i know you say there hardy! im paraniod haha,
they seem to be doing fine (the hands off period is a biatch), pictures are comein ive took some pictures into the nursery where i work (yes im male and no im not gay, im making a group or forum, ive been called it twice today already and one was a mother lol)
and Sketch is now my annerys name, named by phoebe! whoop whoop i loved the name haha,
and as for my normal ive had bogey, poo and sid! which are off the table lol,
and serious suggestions have been toffee, tomo and jared! so we will see.

can i add thanks again to you guys/girls you have been a great help!! (had to put girls in as i now found out your a woman lol, but thank you!!! means alot! and i cant help but go through the forum and look at all the great corns out there (and the new baby!!!!) and oh my god i wish i was closer to swansea those hatchlings are lush!! anyway burbling! cheers again :D
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2010 :  21:27:09  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oh your not a nurse then, your a murse :p

You shouldn't need another week as they should be kind of used to your smell by then I would have thought.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

reggie_69
Egg

United Kingdom
93 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2010 :  21:45:02  Show Profile  Click to see reggie_69's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
haha well not even a murse haha, as i work in a nursery with toddlers and pre school! haha

and hopefully not another week!! feed day saturday!!!

and just uploading some pictures now!!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000