It still amazes me...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Scarlett
Hatchling

United Kingdom
363 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2010 :  22:11:25  Show Profile  Visit Scarlett's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How big they get! Ember's now 33 inches long after a beautiful shed yesterday. She's now as long as my leg from hip to the top of my foot (I know I have little legs =P lol)

What also amazes me is how long they get, but how small/slender their heads and body stay lol. My Royal probably isn't even half Ember's length but is triple the thickness lol.

0.0.1 Amel Corn -Ember.
1.0.0 Bloodred Corn - Loki.
0.0.1 MBK - Apollo.
1.1.0 Cats - Moggy and Pretty Girl.
0.0.1 Royal Python - Odin R.I.P 20/6/10.
Wishlist = Pied Sided Bloodred, Anery Stripe, Coral Stripe, Bloodred, Green Blotched Snow,
Strawberry Snow Stripe.

Location = Chatham, Kent.

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2010 :  22:47:16  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Aren't corn snakes amazing?
They keep getting longer and longer..!
Go to Top of Page

Scarlett
Hatchling

United Kingdom
363 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2010 :  23:16:06  Show Profile  Visit Scarlett's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I know! I held Ember earlier, and she's so strong now. I got some pictures which I'll try to post up tomorrow night, I love how strong they are but don't look it =] Whereas Royal's look bulky and like they should be muscled and strong, my Odin is a weakling in comparison to Ember lol.

0.0.1 Amel Corn -Ember.
1.0.0 Bloodred Corn - Loki.
0.0.1 MBK - Apollo.
1.1.0 Cats - Moggy and Pretty Girl.
0.0.1 Royal Python - Odin R.I.P 20/6/10.
Wishlist = Pied Sided Bloodred, Anery Stripe, Coral Stripe, Bloodred, Green Blotched Snow,
Strawberry Snow Stripe.

Location = Chatham, Kent.
Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2010 :  23:18:32  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Royals are another story!
They are lovely, too though..!
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2010 :  05:03:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are so lucky Sarah, I have only had my snakes as adults so have never had the experience of watching them grow. (By the way, did you subtract the 10% off the shed length, due to stretching, to get her approximate length?) The only thing I can liken it to is the fact that my daughter turned 17 on Thursday and I remember when she used to fit on my lap, with her head by my knees and her little feet touching my tummy !!

There strength is truly amazing and we dont realise it until we experience it. I know because I have had a battle with Kellog when he wanted to disappear under a piece of furniture and I didnt want him to go there....I lost the battle after a war of strength that lasted nearly half an hour. Also when you see the pics of the way they can 'pop' their mice when they constrict....I havent experienced that yet, luckily.

You are also right about how small and slender their heads and bodies stay....but particularly their heads, when you compare them with the size of prey they eat.

I am so glad you are getting such enjoyment out of Ember....and it is a love and constant amazement that stays with you every time you see them feed and shed etc.

xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000