Faun escapability
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

123 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2010 :  15:41:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just got an 18" flat faunarium for Ruby as I think she was feeling a bit overwhelmed in her previous glass fish tank (which was quite tall). Anyone using fauns ever had any problems with the snakes managing to push the lid off or push open either of the top openings? I'm not overly concerned as I imagine, at about 21" long, she won't be strong enough to manage it.

0.1.0 fire corn (Ruby)
0.0.6 lemon tetras (O'Neill, Jackson, Hammond, Teal'c, Quinn, Hank)
0.0.4 siamese algae Eaters (Pogo, Jimmy, Leo, Fatty Ding Dong)
0.0.2 stone catfish (Mark, Jez)

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2010 :  16:59:06  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have fauns for all my corns and have never had an escapee, but recall somebody on the reptilian saying that there snake (Think it was a milk) worked out how to slide the big hatch and open it lol.

I think they're pretty secure though, i think the weakest link would be the small hatch, but i don't use mine so it is still really stiff. I imagine if you used it regularly the little bits of plastic it clicks under to lock would begin to wear and become weaker though.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

Nazzle
Hatchling

United Kingdom
138 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2010 :  19:53:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was advised by the rep shop I got my faun from not to use the small hatch for just that reason Danny, apparently it's quite easy to break them too. But, my fauns have been fine.

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2010 :  22:20:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mine havent really shown any interest in trying to get out in the past although the other night lucien mont and edison were all face planting the lid trying to get free but luckily they gave up before they could.. mine all have a book on the top or in zeros case a bottle of water just to prevent it from happening

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000