Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

20 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2010 :  20:13:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hi i havent got the snake yet but is this a big enough tank? http://www.rocketaquatics.co.uk/fish-frf440-black-slim-aquarium-p-3612.html?osCsid=8plp70q4jg105o3s9332l6u3v3

Reptiles are the only pets that make us diffrent, the others make us all the same.

Matt_Brooks
Hatchling

138 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2010 :  20:20:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Depends what size snake your looking to get? If your getting a hatchling id recommend a RUB (Really Useful Box) as corns are great escape artists. If its an adult then you'll need a something bigger.

Personally i wouldnt want to use an Aquarium, though im sure some people do. I cant say weither they are good or bad but im sure someone on here uses ones and can give you pros and cons on them.

0.1.0 Carolina Corn
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2010 :  20:23:16  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
For that money and the size that it is, you would be better off with a RUB or a viv.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

20 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2010 :  21:00:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well the thing is i cant get anything expensive and i already have that thin from years ago so...and vivs are expensive i have £45.00 t spend on my new snake all tgether so i need a cheap thing i only get £5.00 a month so i cant really use much. Vivs are too expensive ad what will i do with that one. My dads going to plaster up the food bit where you put the food in and were the wire is.so it cant escape. if you know of any goo vivthat is cheap under £30.00 i will be more than happy to get it (don mention vivs that are£29.99 its a waste of time lol) Im buying thedecs before the viv...

Reptiles are the only pets that make us diffrent, the others make us all the same.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

20 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2010 :  21:12:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is this good i only have lik £16.00 left... http://www.arkpetsonline.co.uk/exo-terra-terrarium-12x12x12-inches-p-1756.html

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2010 :  22:12:17  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
As above, Aquariums are for fish.

A small RUB/Faunarium/Vivarium would be significantly better.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

243 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2010 :  22:26:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey ya might be better with something like this

http://www.tiias-pets.net/catalog/images/faunarium_set.jpg

and very reasonable. thats what our baby is in and she is well happy

Edited by - n/a on 15/06/2010 22:27:50
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2010 :  22:32:03  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You could get the exo terra terrarium but for a hatchling you could get a large flat faunarium which is £12. But you might have to save for a while as you can't just get a snake and put it in a tank. Obviously there is the cost of the snake itself which is probably going to cost you upwards of £20. Then you need the tank which is around £12 if you get a faunarium, then you need a heat mat, thermostat, digital thermometer, 2 hides, waterbowl and substrate which is going to cost you upwards of around £40 dependant onw here you get your equipment and if you were to just use boxes for hides. You would also need to upgrade to a vivarium or bigger RUB when the snake outgrows the faunarium/RUB. So the initial cost can be costly.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2010 :  00:47:45  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey email me and ill send you my large flat faunarium for free as i have 2 spare.

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

243 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2010 :  07:45:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow hiper thats so nice of you. really goes to show why im glad i joined here people are so helpful :D i bet she will be delighted

Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2010 :  11:39:52  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shortyireland

wow hiper thats so nice of you. really goes to show why im glad i joined here people are so helpful :D i bet she will be delighted

Well i like to help people when they really need it and plus i have 3 rubs 2 are empty but will be filling one of them in july with my new hatchling boa then i will have 1 empty one to send to this person.

Wish List:
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

286 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2010 :  11:58:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SugarAndSpiceIsSoNice

well the thing is i cant get anything expensive and i already have that thin from years ago so...and vivs are expensive i have £45.00 t spend on my new snake all tgether so i need a cheap thing i only get £5.00 a month so i cant really use much. Vivs are too expensive ad what will i do with that one. My dads going to plaster up the food bit where you put the food in and were the wire is.so it cant escape. if you know of any goo vivthat is cheap under £30.00 i will be more than happy to get it (don mention vivs that are£29.99 its a waste of time lol) Im buying thedecs before the viv...

check out local rep shops, mine is doing a corn and starter (faun mat etc for 35) might be able to haggle? also don't rush if you save for a little longer you can get a mat stat etc too which in the long run will give you a healthy happy corn :)

corns
0.1 Maizy, carolina 05
0.1 violet, anery 09
1.0 Smithy, amel 07
0.1 Nessa,amel 07
0.1 Lois normal/hypo motley 02
1.0 Dr Heinz Doofenshmirtz anery 00
1.0 Fry normal 08
0.1 Dora amel aztec 09
1.0 Red bloodred 08
0.0.1 Conker kastanie 10
house bunny
1.0 rex, 09
kittys
2.1 tom,jerry 09 Mittens 10
kids
3.1 Charlie-jane 98, ethan 99,coby 06,adam 07
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2010 :  12:07:01  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Lots of shops do some sort of starter kit but most don't include a thermostat or digi thermometer.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

20 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2010 :  16:09:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OMG! thank you! i have never had an offer like this! wow this forms so cool! Thanks!!!! :) :) :) :) Hiper your so cool! you should own like a snakie shop! ill talk to my parents see what they think :) the viv i mentioned wasfor when (s)he is adult

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

20 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2010 :  16:14:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh and my parents think your very kind but how much is P&P post and packaging? Also could yu sae me it for a couple of weeks i will tell youwhen i have given my cat a home andsnails are sold :)

Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2010 :  16:32:18  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

OMG! thank you! i have never had an offer like this! wow this forms so cool! Thanks!!!! :) :) :) :) Hiper your so cool! you should own like a snakie shop! ill talk to my parents see what they think :) the viv i mentioned wasfor when (s)he is adult

Your welcome and no shop just expanding my collection by 2012 i should have around 13 snakes .

quote:

Oh and my parents think your very kind but how much is P&P post and packaging? Also could yu sae me it for a couple of weeks i will tell youwhen i have given my cat a home andsnails are sold :)

Don't worry about cost's of P&P just email me your address and I shal send you it when you need it.

Wish List:
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2010 :  17:40:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hiper, you now how you sed you had 1 extra faun spare. my friend is looking for one, would it be possible for you donate one to him? don't mean to be rude

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey

Edited by - reptiledanny on 16/06/2010 17:43:33
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

243 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2010 :  22:14:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so glad to see things are working out for ya :D and very nice to see people being so kind

Go to Top of Page

leeoc1982
Snake Mite

24 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2010 :  23:40:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
imo if you've barely got enough money to buy a snake what it needs then i dont think you should keep them! after all we all need to replace broken equipment ect and have the occational trip to the vets, we all no how expensive that can be! money shouldnt cum into the equation when caring for animals.
Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2010 :  00:28:48  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leeoc1982

imo if you've barely got enough money to buy a snake what it needs then i dont think you should keep them! after all we all need to replace broken equipment ect and have the occational trip to the vets, we all no how expensive that can be! money shouldnt cum into the equation when caring for animals.

Well said !!

Wish List:
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2010 :  03:21:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a concern I have about your excitement with getting a snake SugarandSpice....that you havent thought it all through properly. I have tried to guide you to places to show you how much things cost and have mentioned what you need....but you did not even know what a thermostat is: 'wats a themostat i though you just need heat mt and a heat tingy that shows what temp itis'. Did you read the care sheet? This does tell you what one is and why you need it.

I am also confused because at one point your parents are saying no ('Its a no :(') and at the same time they are thanking Hiper and offering to pay postage and packaging???

There is a lot involved with having a snake and we do worry about whether you are old enough and understand enough to get one. Have you shown your parents the information about looking after a snake so that they can understand what is involved and can help you understand? You are going to need their help as this is not something you can do all by yourself. Show them this topic as it tells you everything THEY need to know about getting a corn and some information about looking after one - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9878

If you are struggling to get the money together and even understand what you need to about looking after a snake then maybe you need to wait another couple of years until you can be sure this is what you want?

I dont want to put you off or make you feel bad....I have a son who is a few years older than you. He was your age when we got our first snake and he was so excited. He did lots of research and helped choose it....now he hardly pays the snakes any attention. Please SugarandSpice, for your sake and the snake's sake, be sure about what you are doing before you do it.

xxx

Edited by - Kellog on 17/06/2010 03:37:33
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000