thanks monty!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jamesday121
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2010 :  20:55:37  Show Profile  Send jamesday121 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
handling my hatchling corn snake last night who ive had about two weeks now, decided too ermm poo and pee in my hand! real sign of appreciation :)

just to confirm its not a problm whn they doo that is it ?

1 x carolina corn = monty
1 x lab x collie
and about 7 tropical fish :)

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2010 :  21:07:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yip its a problem as it makes a mess

there is nothing to worry about perfectly normal to poo when they want

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2010 :  21:26:18  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You can now call yourself a fully fledged member!!!!!!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2010 :  21:30:16  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by herriotfan

You can now call yourself a fully fledged member!!!!!!

I haven't been pooed on in my 7/8 years of snake keeping snakes...So I'm not a good member? T.T

They have pooed on my bed though...

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3

Edited by - Sta~ple on 11/06/2010 21:31:44
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2010 :  21:36:12  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Beds are good enough....fully fledged!!!!! You'd be a good member regardless....she creeps

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2010 :  03:14:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dont worry about it James....it is something you have to look forward to happening a lot!! Some snakes can poo because they are scared but often it is just the activity that 'encourages' them. You will soon learn the signs that Monty is about to give you a nice gift . With my 2 they go very still, then lift their tails at an odd angle and their vent comes out. If you always have kitchen roll or a towel ready you can then be ready to 'catch' what comes out....just be aware that is can squirt quite far and soak through kitchen roll fast!

I prefer mine doing it outside their vivs as it keeps their homes nice and clean....and 90% of the time I can 'catch' them in the act!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

jamesday121
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2010 :  13:08:39  Show Profile  Send jamesday121 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Fantatstic :) thanks for all your replys :) i have just fed him so this time wednesday i will look forward to another present :):)

1 x carolina corn = monty
1 x lab x collie
and about 7 tropical fish :)
Go to Top of Page

AngelX
Hatchling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2010 :  17:18:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't had snakes for very long, and I've been pooed in at least 3 times! Moo must really hate me! Haha!

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2010 :  17:32:01  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the world of snake keeping lol

Alice regularly poos on me although i have now got into a routine of towel on knee, several pieces of kitchen roll handy and a nappy sac to put it in. The little so and so seems to be determined to beat the poo catchin tho. Sometimes he does it right next to a fold in the towel so I can't get the kitchen roll under properly. This week he decided to go exploring my dining chairs and stopped hanging from one of the legs. I tried holding the toilet roll under but he still managed to squirt it up my arm and on my new living room carpet too.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000