hearing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

42 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2010 :  16:56:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ive noticed that if i "gently" tap the glass on my viv, my corn snake slowly comes out of his hide to investigate, i know that snakes can detect vibrations but im shocked how responsize he is.

im not gonna keep doing it though, as i think he believes its food.

n/a
deleted

80 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2010 :  19:21:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I cant see that it would cause him any stress by you tapping on the glass, in fact I think it is nice that he responds to you. How old is he, how often are you feeding him and on what? I ask these question to see if it is him thinking its feeding time or if he is just a friendly snake I wish mine would do that
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

42 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2010 :  19:54:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hes around 7 months old, i feed him once a week. he wont always respond to the tapping but he usually does, hes seemed to be really responsive ever since ive had him, which is weird because he was smaller than the other corn snakes they had (of the same age) and a lot more shy. Im guessing he just likes his personal space?
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2010 :  21:07:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
monty used to do that, he also used to come and see what was going on when my mum used the hover

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

243 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2010 :  21:52:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
everytime me or the OH goes near houdi's viv or opens tiggs faun houdi pokes his nose out for a look. nosey wee fecker he is

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2010 :  21:54:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My big male has to be THE nosiest corn going. Whenever ANYONE goes into my bedroom, zoom at the runners, like a gaurd dog!

We all get the stare down, even watched England last night and watches the xbox..
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

243 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2010 :  21:56:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah hillzi sounds exactly like houdi

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2010 :  03:53:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I certainly wouldnt encourage tapping on the glass, even if it is nice to see your corn come 'running' when it is 'called' !! You are right in what you say that it is responding to the vibrations it is feeling when you do so....which is one reason that it is not a great idea to play really loud music near them as the vibrations from that can cause stress.

They can be very responsive and it isnt too surprising....their viv is their home and they want to make sure what is going on so they will immediately check out their territory if they detect any movement. Same reason they are often watching us....keeping an eye on us!

I know Kellog will often lie with his nose in the corner of his viv by the glass door, where my chair is, giving me his 'puppy dog ' eyes that just beg me to let him out....

Wonder what Blaze (was it Blaze? I get your 2 confused Hillzi, sorry ) thought of the England match and when Green let that goal in !! Unfortunately I doubt his eyesight is good enough to follow what is going on that far away....but then, in that particular case, maybe it was a good thing ....

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2010 :  10:34:33  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That's sweet :) My Mr.Venom gets up from his bed straight away whenever someone goes into my room and presses his face against the glass and then periscopes people XD

I don't think he will think its food, it's him probably being nosey.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000