New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

QueenVic
Yearling

United Kingdom
849 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2012 :  13:53:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is a snow only classed as a paradox if it has black markings on its scales?
cos Ive got one that has black in its eyes but none any where else.

I think it was SmartBunny's thread I was looking through and it says one of the amels was confirmed as a paradox due to the black in its eyes.

Just wondering if there's a certain amount of black it needs to be classed as one or if its a paradox if theres even a little bit of black.

0.1.0 Normal (Espher)
1.0.0 Snow (Midnight)

2 GALS
1 rat (Jasper)
1 very needy staffy (Coco)

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2012 :  14:13:35  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nope. The black in the eye thing is quite common. I've seen several snow and amel hatchlings (not mine!) this year with it.

I think to be a paradox, the snake should have colour on its body that shouldnt be there (reds and oranges on anery, black on amels and snows, etc).

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

Go to Top of Page

Tasha89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
257 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2012 :  17:24:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
See i have heard differently....i have amels and snows with the eye markings (black between the iris and pupil) and was under the assumption that if they had black in any part of there body (eyes or scales) and it was there perminantly they were classed as paradox as they should not have any menalin in them to create the black markings as they are 'albino'....Eeji also suggested that the paradox/black markings were classed as a Chimera http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimera_(genetics)

However i have heard mixed things about the 'paradox markings' and still dont know whether mine are so some clear cut information would be apreciated

Tasha
______
4.0.0 - Corns - Hypo-Lavender (Lucifer), Bubblegum Snow (Houdini), Striped Carolina (Sarafino) and Black Cat (Ralphie)
0.2.0 - Corns - Anertheristic (Valentina), Lavender (Aiyana), Lavender (Di-nixi)

Edited by - Tasha89 on 17/07/2012 17:25:20
Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2012 :  18:11:15  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
From Eeji's site...

http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/species/elaphe_guttata/paradox_snow/?sid=

http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/species/elaphe_guttata/ruby_freckled/?sid=

Sexybear77 has also had a couple of paradox charcoals this year as well.

As I've said, the black bit in the eye is quite common. My ghost motley has it, and my caramel has it to a smaller extent. I've also seen clutches of amels and snows with it this year.

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2012 :  18:20:09  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Pewter paradox....

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=24905

Go to Top of Page

QueenVic
Yearling

United Kingdom
849 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2012 :  18:06:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dancross0

As I've said, the black bit in the eye is quite common. My ghost motley has it, and my caramel has it to a smaller extent. I've also seen clutches of amels and snows with it this year.

Ghosts and caramels still have the black pigment though so i can understand them having it, but snows lack the black pigment.

I wasnt under the impression that it IS a paradox, but i thought id check cause itd just be a bonus :) lol

0.1.0 Normal (Espher)
1.0.0 Snow (Midnight)

2 GALS
1 rat (Jasper)
1 very needy staffy (Coco)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000