Help Identifying My Corn's Morph?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

R3dn0ze
Snake Mite

5 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2012 :  12:35:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just got this today; first time snake handler :) Just curious to see what morph it is. From the morphing guide it looks like a normal morph to my untrained eyes, but thought some expert advice would make things more convenient!

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2012 :  12:44:14  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yep. It's a normal. And a great looking one!

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

Go to Top of Page

R3dn0ze
Snake Mite

5 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2012 :  12:49:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good enough for me :) Thanks Mate !

Should be visiting the forums quite often from now onwards. The pet shop owner gave me a single tank (the one in the pic, not so large), and didnt tell me what sex it is and whether i should use a seperate feeding tank and whatnot. I honestly forgot to ask him for the details at the time, so i have a few questions which I hope i'd get answered in order to increase my knowledge of the species :)

Again, thanks a lot mate! :)
Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2012 :  13:02:38  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not a problem. There are plenty of sticky threads at the top of each forum section that cover the majority of common question, so they're always worth a read.

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

Go to Top of Page

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2012 :  18:51:39  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome to the forum. As Dan said a lovely normal. Have you taken everything out the faun for the picture or is that how you have it set up?

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python
Go to Top of Page

R3dn0ze
Snake Mite

5 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2012 :  09:21:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks :) No only thing I added was a water bowl at the moment. Whoever sold me the thing didn't tell me to get a place for it to hide in/under; which is worrying me now that apparently everyone has some sort of hiding place for their snakes while mine somehow managed to get under the watering bowl for some humidity and shade.

Apparently ill need to get a whole new viv. Or just get a larger 15 gallon custom one made evven though the store owner told me the one i have is enough for its size (is it me or is he just retarded when it comes to snakes?)
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2012 :  09:45:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's hard to judge the size of that enclosure from the picture, but it is advisable to have at least 2 hiding places, one at the warm end and one at the other. Toilet roll tubes are perfect for small/young snakes.

How are you heating the tub?

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

R3dn0ze
Snake Mite

5 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2012 :  17:09:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not, he told me to buy the heating next september (here its always over 30 degrees-ish, especially indoors with all the tech stuff i've got switched on).

When the snake feels hot it just hides under the water bowl for dampness, but thanks for the idea, i'll use a toilet roll as a hiding place :)
Go to Top of Page

NexivRed
Yearling

United Kingdom
551 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2012 :  18:31:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whereabouts are you that it's 30 degrees indoors all the time?! It must be so uncomfortable! :P I would die lol.

30 degrees is actually too warm for a corn snake, they require 27-29 as a maximum. And they only want/need to be warm some of the time, so they should have a cool area to go to as well when they choose. You want your set up to have a gradient of temperature spanning from the low 20's to 29 basically, so the snake has the choice.

It's a bad idea for your snake to use dampness as a way of cooling itself, because I've been told it can lead to respiratory infections. They're not meant to be wet for much of the time.

Do you know what type of wood those chips are made from by any chance?

R.I.P. 0.1: CB10 Ophion - pewter masque het amel
1.0: CB10 lavender stripe het ??? - Alabaster (Bats) Codify
0.1: CB12 hypo plasma het amel - Nebula
0.2: CB13 diffused 66% pos het cinder - Demeter (Mimi) & Bombulurina (Reenie)
1.0: CB13 hypo cinder ?% pos het amel stripe - Huckleberry
0.1: CB13 anery aztec het amel - Tetris
1.0: CB13 gold dust motley stripe - Helios

Edited by - NexivRed on 19/07/2012 18:31:29
Go to Top of Page

R3dn0ze
Snake Mite

5 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2012 :  20:10:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I live on a hot island (Malta) and minimizing the temperature is something I cannot do (no a/c in the room the snake's in) but i'm sure that if it hides in the damper parts of the viv, it would be around 25'ish or less probably.

Also, no I have no idea what the chips are made of, as the shopkeeper just poured some and sent me off xD

But yeah, I'm pretty sure the viv it's in isnt close to being as good as such a beautiful snake deserves, will probably get a custom one done in the coming weeks :)

Thanks for the help guys, appreciated!
Go to Top of Page

Georgina
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2382 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2012 :  22:29:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, so I would swap the chips for kitchen roll, if its like what you would use for a rabbit. Get any sort of butter tub or toilet roll to use as hides, no part of your snakes enclosure should be damp.

1.0 western hognose (hero)
1.0 phantom reverse pin dal brindle crested gecko (goyle)
0.2 red dal red harly (sprite) 99% full pin Harley crested gecko (TuLong)
0.0.3 miomantis paykullii
0.0.3 Bombina orientalis (oriental fire bellied toad)
0.3 fancy mice (snap, crackle and pop)
1.0 yorkshire terrier (jasper)
2.1 cats (echo, shadow and pokey)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000