Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 14/10/2009 :  22:39:19  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well they do some good prices and I'm only 30 mins drive away, one problem though, I haven't gota car, lol. I went green and cycle everywhere now. I don't think the poor sod would appreciate the bumpy ride home, lol.

0.4.0 Gerbils (Gemini, Pica, Gerty and Sasha)
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko (Elle)
1.0.0 Carolina Corn Snake(Elijah)
0.0.1 Emperor/Imperial Scorpion (Abbi)
2.0.0 Roborovski Dwarf Hamsters (Micro & Chippy)
Tropical fish - 6 Platys.6 Mollies.9 Glowlight Tetra.4 Pearl Gouramis.4 Apple Snails.1 Tiger Plec.2 Common Bristlenose Plecs and lots of babies.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

213 Posts

Posted - 14/10/2009 :  23:03:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
as long as its not inside the faun/viv and near the heated end then it is ok

It's outside on the top. Apparently it makes visitors to my house who aren't snake friendly very worried. I'm told it's because it makes the Faun look like it's on its last legs and snakey might escape any moment. LOL, it's worth keeping the tape on just to freak people out really

I'd just like to add that although my dog likes to catch rats, he's only ever caught two (and they were at someone elses when he was being doggy-sitted). I wouldn't want all you nice people to think I lived in a rat-infested hovel, LMAO!

0.0.1 Normal Corn (Cinco), 0.1.0 Ghost Motley (Sadie), 1.0.0 Amel Corn (Snuggles), 0.0.1 Classic Corn (The Stig), 1.0.0 Pastel Royal Python (Ba'al), 1.0.0 Pinstripe Royal Python (Paladin), 4.0.0 Cats, 1.0.0 Other Half, 0.3.0 Drains on My Resources (or Daughters)

Go to Top of Page

Karl
Hatchling

United Kingdom
121 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2009 :  17:32:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've had one good and one ok order from 888. Best thing is to ring them tbh. I find, in general, email/internet orders tend to be slower than ringing, unless your talking about Amazon, who are the daddies at internet sales.

ooops, I bought another.........
Go to Top of Page

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2009 :  00:17:23  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Karl

I've had one good and one ok order from 888. Best thing is to ring them tbh. I find, in general, email/internet orders tend to be slower than ringing, unless your talking about Amazon, who are the daddies at internet sales.

You got that straight about Amazon, I must have spent thousands on them over the years. I only had one bad experience with them when I went to get some thing delivered to my work address and Royal Mail out carded me, how the hell can they out card me at work?!?!?!?

Anyway, back to snakes, so far I have 3 options. Wait till xmas and see what these hatclings are like that I have been offered, go to my local RC where I would pay anything from £40 to £300 or have a bash at 888 and their live stock.

Tropical fish - 6 Platys.6 Mollies.9 Glowlight Tetra.4 Pearl Gouramis.4 Apple Snails.1 Tiger Plec.2 Common Bristlenose Plecs and lots of babies.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

11 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2009 :  10:17:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ive had dealings with 888 reps never had a problem although the postage varies quite abit.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

11 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2009 :  10:17:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
not cost i mean delivery times
Go to Top of Page

kizzig
Yearling

United Kingdom
560 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2009 :  15:58:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you do decide to order the snakes from 888, please let us know how you get on! From the looks of it, it would be better to ring, and delivery is next day by courier before 12. Sounds good to us!

Kizzig

Our ever growing menagerie:

1.0.0 Amel cornsnake (Ziggy)
0.1.0 Amel motley cornsnake (Kizzy)
1.0.0 Housegecko (Eric)
0.1.0 Chile Rose Tarantula (Daisy) RIP Double D, We'll miss you... xxx
1.0.0 Budgie (Oscar)
0.1.0 Cat (Sophie)
1.1.0 Red Eared Sliders (Sam 'n' Ella)
Assorted Fish - Harry, Artie, Kev and Ebi.

RIP Georgina the Housegecko , Archie the Angelfish (17/09/09), and Daisy the Chile Rose Tarantula (19/11/2009)

Our Animal's Album: http://s986.photobucket.com/albums/ae347/klivingston234/
Go to Top of Page

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2009 :  19:05:33  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I will let you know if that is the route I take, I already rang them and asked about delivery and they said when you place the order they ring you for a confirmation date of delivery, I have to ring them again though for some more info, like what happens if I am not happy with the specimen delivered. That's the only thing that worries me, health and colouration. To be honest I might just end up buying one from the local. The cheapest one they do on 888 is the Carolina Corn, for £27 + delivery charge of £8.95, total £35.95, so for the extra £5 I may as well go to the local store. But we'll see.

Go to Top of Page

muffin
Hatchling

United Kingdom
110 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2009 :  20:32:13  Show Profile  Click to see muffin's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi all just like you all to no i got my kingsnake from 888, he was sent out on the wedensday and he arrived on thursday by TNT. I was told if i have not recieved him by 12 dinnertime i had to ring 888.But he arrived about 10.30 he was well packed in a box with what looked like shredded paper and then in a small tub.Just though you guys would like to no and i would definitey buy from there again.

1.0.0 Ghost corn-Dexter
1.0.0 Snow corn-Stig
0.1.0 Carolina corn-Roxy
0.0.1 Amel corn-Oscar
1.0.0 Florida kingsnake Elvis
Go to Top of Page

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2009 :  20:58:45  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi muffin, thanks for the info, so I take it the snake WAS the one you wanted and in a healthy condition?

Go to Top of Page

muffin
Hatchling

United Kingdom
110 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2009 :  23:15:23  Show Profile  Click to see muffin's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yes m8 perfect i had him for 3 weeks now i left him for aweek and after that he has fed both times, and the best thing when i got him he cost me £45, and aweek later the price went up to £77 :)

1.0.0 Ghost corn-Dexter
1.0.0 Snow corn-Stig
0.1.0 Carolina corn-Roxy
0.0.1 Amel corn-Oscar
1.0.0 Florida kingsnake Elvis
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page