Lewy?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

190 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2008 :  14:10:33  Show Profile
Anyway the flood control can be changed to 30 seconds? 60 is such a long wait!

Visit www.AS-Exotics.co.uk

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2008 :  14:23:55  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
I think 30 would be reasonable.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2008 :  14:31:01  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
yeah the 60 seconds keeps catching me out every now and agin too..... please Lewy?

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

190 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2008 :  15:42:36  Show Profile
most forums i go on are 30 seconds... its not short enouth that the fourm would get spammed out, and you dont have to wait so long to post!

Go to Top of Page

Lewy
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
2874 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2008 :  19:30:41  Show Profile  Visit Lewy's Homepage  Click to see Lewy's MSN Messenger address
No problem - Sorted it so it's 30seconds (will see how that goes in regards to spam) as you say hopefully shouldn't be a problem!

Lewy

THE CORN SNAKE.co.uk Team

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2008 :  19:51:27  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Cheers Lewy, will try and be good

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

190 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2008 :  00:27:23  Show Profile
thanks

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2008 :  10:29:10  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
I just got a ticking off for having a link to this forum in my signature on another well known reptile forum!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2008 :  10:36:13  Show Profile
was it R _ _ K ?
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2008 :  11:23:19  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
It was.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2008 :  11:32:40  Show Profile
The only trouble about R _ _ K is unless they know you your not in the 'popular' crowd so either get ignored by most or treated as if you're stupid. A little elitist at times I think. Trouble is how do you get to know people when they don't wanna know you ?! Plus how do they think the hobby started in the first place, information needs to be shared other wise it will end with them, which is probably what they want as the elitists probably think others are interfering with their 'private' hobby lol.

I can understand about the link thing though but I just though I'd share my experience with 'the other forum'.

Not as cosy or friendly as here

Edited by - n/a on 01/08/2008 11:33:18
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2008 :  11:46:23  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
I have seen that before on there, it can get quite aggressive too.

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2008 :  13:42:19  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
yeah it's definitely a different feel on that forum! and not in a good way particularly. One guy posted a thread asking which type of snakes are the most handleable and he got loads of people jumping on his back about how NO snake 'likes' being handled some just tolerate it more than others, and don't project put human emotions on to a snake heetc.....m
some people really get up high on their soap box for seemingly very little reason other than themseves being awkward!

that said, there's also some very nice people on there too

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2008 :  14:51:14  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Yes, I've had some help from people regarding Rocky, although it has come via PM, people maybe don't like to give info in the forums in case it gets jumped on?

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2008 :  19:18:41  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
and wow do some people jump on from a great height!! I've found some nice people (often via PM) who are really helpful and nice...... hey BE, somebody's teaching me to probe at the York Rep Night

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2008 :  19:49:36  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Damn, good luck. Get really good, then I can use you

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

190 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2008 :  21:03:14  Show Profile
im a nice one on that forum... ill admit spend most of my time there... but a very nice corwd is on here!!!

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  19:28:28  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
Can't believe they asked you to take the corn snake logo down, they haven't asked me and Lewy to do the same yet. Moanjy that lot! Cant handle the competition

I know what you mean about people on there being more quick to argue.

I also notice that they don't always answer your questions if your a beginner or are talking about a kind of snake that isn't poisonous or 20 feet long. Corns are beneath most of them

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000