Another question regarding temperature
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

37 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2008 :  18:02:18  Show Profile
Thanks to advice in the thermometer thread, I am now monitoring the temp in Sophie's tank with both LC and a digital probe. I see from the care page on this forum that a temperature range of 30oC at the hot end to 21oC at the cool end is recommended. However, with this warm weather, the temperature in the cool end is up to 26oC, so there is not much differential between the two ends.

She is in a large plastic tank, plenty of ventilation at the top and upper sides, heat mat under the tank providing 30oC at the warm end, beech chipping substrate. She has a hide at both ends and moves about between the two.

Should I be concerned that her cool hide isn't all that cool? Not much I can do about it anyway, apart from switching off the mat, but then there would be no differential.

Also, I think I remember reading something about misting the tank. Should I be doing this? As far as water goes, she has fresh water every couple of days and a dip in the bath every week.

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2008 :  18:16:00  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
It sounds fine as it is, what is the ambient room temperature?. You don't need to mist the tank. Is her water bowl big enough for her to get into is she wanted to?

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

37 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2008 :  18:27:37  Show Profile
Yep, her bowl is big enough. Haven't seen her fully in it, but sometimes she ducks her head under the water. Ambient room temp is pretty warm at the moment, 25-26oC. She's in the warm hide right now, has been most of the time since her mice on saturday. She'll have her bath tomorrow, as it seems to help her poo.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000