Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2008 :  20:11:24  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Surely you just replace the air (~26% O2) in a container with CO2 and and living creature will naturally fall asleep and not wake up again. The same way people put a hose pipe from their car exhaust pipe into the car to replace the O2 with CO.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2008 :  20:11:24  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Surely you just replace the air (~26% O2) in a container with CO2 and and living creature will naturally fall asleep and not wake up again. The same way people put a hose pipe from their car exhaust pipe into the car to replace the O2 with CO.

Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2008 :  21:54:24  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
sorry to hear about that, would a freezer be as painless

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2008 :  21:54:24  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
sorry to hear about that, would a freezer be as painless

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2008 :  22:32:41  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
I've heard that that isn't as painless as some say as all the muscle contracts first, people just do it because they can shut the door and not look?

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2008 :  22:32:41  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
I've heard that that isn't as painless as some say as all the muscle contracts first, people just do it because they can shut the door and not look?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2008 :  08:28:56  Show Profile
Although it has been known for reps to ressurect from the 'dead' when they have been taken out of the freezer (after some time). Honest
I guess you have to make sure the rep is actually dead before freezing for whatever reason rather than just using the freezer to 'send them to sleep'.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2008 :  08:28:56  Show Profile
Although it has been known for reps to ressurect from the 'dead' when they have been taken out of the freezer (after some time). Honest
I guess you have to make sure the rep is actually dead before freezing for whatever reason rather than just using the freezer to 'send them to sleep'.
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2008 :  10:54:23  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
I've heard of stories of snakes in the wild that brummate at the bottom of a lake all winter and even though the lake freezes over many times over the winter, they still emerge next spring unaffected. Don't know if that applys for corns though, that variety obviously must be water dwelling snakes.

They are good at facing cold, it's heat they can't really handle.

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2008 :  10:54:23  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
I've heard of stories of snakes in the wild that brummate at the bottom of a lake all winter and even though the lake freezes over many times over the winter, they still emerge next spring unaffected. Don't know if that applys for corns though, that variety obviously must be water dwelling snakes.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

300 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2008 :  12:01:45  Show Profile
iv seen a vid befor and it had all the snake insids out but they were all still working you could se the heart beating it was gross

cb07 - male - corn snake
cb07 - male - red tailed boa
cb06 - female - salmon pink tarantula
wc - male-female - asian forest scorpions
indian stick insects
2 african land snails

soon to be mine-
4 red bellied toads or a emperor scorpion cant decide :P

Edited by - n/a on 29/07/2008 12:02:05
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

300 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2008 :  12:01:45  Show Profile
iv seen a vid befor and it had all the snake insids out but they were all still working you could se the heart beating it was gross

cb07 - male - corn snake
cb07 - male - red tailed boa
cb06 - female - salmon pink tarantula
wc - male-female - asian forest scorpions
indian stick insects
2 african land snails

soon to be mine-
4 red bellied toads or a emperor scorpion cant decide :P

Edited by - n/a on 29/07/2008 12:02:05
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2008 :  17:17:19  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Kazerella

I think you mean garter snakes.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2008 :  17:17:19  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Kazerella

I think you mean garter snakes.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000