Wow, another feeding topic!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ell
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1640 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2008 :  10:20:08  Show Profile  Click to see Ell's MSN Messenger address
My Dusk is 5 weeks old now and already just over a foot and a half in length. Is that normal o.0?
At the momment he is fed 1 pinkie every 5 days and although he digests for the following day he's out and about hunting again the 2nd day and does so everynight until feeding day again.
Maybe he's just an active snake but does this mean I need to feed him more? Unfortunantly although there are weight guides for how much to feed there are no length ones I could find and am unable to weigh him and don't want to test it out and have him regurge.

Thankies! ^^

1.0.0 Normal corn snake - Dusk
0.1.0 Strawberry Snow Stripe corn snake - Dawn
0.1.0 Harlequin Crested Gecko - Stickles
1.0.0 Sable Syrian Hamster - CoCo
0.1.0 Hognose snake - Truffles

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2008 :  11:48:18  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
Are you sure he's only 5 weeks? It does seem long for a corn that age.

Feed him as much as you think he needs. If he is 5 weeks that you should be giving him enough, but you could try another feed after 3 days just to see how it goes.

He might not be active because he's hungry, he could just be curious. All my males are out and about more often than the females. They are just nosey

Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2008 :  09:32:55  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
my last batch that hatched were about 14" each and quite thick compared to the first batch

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

Ell
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1640 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2008 :  13:11:12  Show Profile  Click to see Ell's MSN Messenger address
Yeah he's definantly around that age, he hatched on the 18/06/08. Maybe he's just big lol. I will try offering him food more often and see if that helps ^^.
Thankies!

1.0.0 Normal corn snake - Dusk
0.1.0 Strawberry Snow Stripe corn snake - Dawn
0.1.0 Harlequin Crested Gecko - Stickles
1.0.0 Sable Syrian Hamster - CoCo
0.1.0 Hognose snake - Truffles
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2008 :  16:06:42  Show Profile
Saddleninja; have you found that any normals that hatch out are longer in length than any of your recessives ?
Or is it just me ?
Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2008 :  17:40:25  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
most have been around the same apart from 1 really small normal, but the 2nd clutch off molly only gave me 6 eggs and they were almost double the size of any i`ve had before, the hatchlings looked they had been on steriods

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic