baby corn feeding
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

22 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2008 :  22:15:38  Show Profile
I am the delighted owner of two 6 corns. One is 6 weeks and the other 7 weeks old. I was wondering at what age do you move up from one pink to two. I just want to be forewarned. One of the corns is bigger and was fed more frequently by his breeder. The breeder of the other was feeding imevery 6 or 7 days wheras the bigger one was fed every 4 days she said.

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2008 :  22:22:55  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
You will tend to intuitively know when they want more, they'll probably stay around looking for more food. Just try offering a second if you think they need it. You should be able to see the 'lump' of the food in their stomach as it passes down. If not they could probably take more.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2008 :  09:11:31  Show Profile
every 4 days is power feeding. try every 7 days & offer 2 pinks, if the snake is not interested once it has eaten the first pink it may just move off quickly & hide. Other wise if the snake wants another pink it will stay there 'waiting' for the second pink. Another way to tell if the snake is able to take a second pink is if it swallows the first one quickly. It's always a good idea to provide 2 pinks than jumping straight to a fuzzy. Two pinks are easier to digest as an increased meal than a whole fuzzy.
Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2008 :  11:24:52  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
mine was on 2 pinks at 5 weeks old

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

22 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2008 :  19:14:40  Show Profile
Thats good to know. I really think my corn, the larger one, is going to be greedy blighter!I am still unsure of a name for him. My daughter has called her anery Rocky. I am liking Max, Jasper or Cyrus for mine.
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2008 :  19:52:17  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Rocky's a good name for a snake :)

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

22 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2008 :  20:04:57  Show Profile
Thanks for that Blackecho my daughter is gloating now!! Right my corn's name has got to beat hers ha ha
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2008 :  20:12:32  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
You can help me too then, have just put a deposit down on a BRB - will put pics in the Off-Corn forum in a min and I need a name.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

22 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2008 :  20:20:11  Show Profile
Blackecho - have just realised why you said that Rocky was such a good name for a snake lol !!! Oh well.
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2008 :  20:56:14  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Your daughter has good taste.

Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2008 :  11:22:05  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
my last two baby corns are called truffles and dotty, so i`m not the best person to ask for names

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic