Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

171 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2008 :  21:03:02  Show Profile
Hi everyone, got to grips with cecil now up until last night when he would just not surface. Checked on him today and his skin has turned a lighter shade. Could he be about to shed as I thought the eyes were supposed to haze over also, or could they have hazed and cleared while he's been settling in

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2008 :  21:21:01  Show Profile
The eyes normaly go cloudy after you notice the body go cloudy

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

171 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2008 :  21:22:25  Show Profile
ok ta will just keep an eye on him. Do they normally hide away more when they're about to shed.

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2008 :  21:23:25  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
when their eyes go blue their eyesight is reduced so they'll feel safer hiding somewhere, best not to handle them either

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

171 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2008 :  21:26:58  Show Profile
No not going to, just going to leave him as he's only been with me nearly two weeks, should I still try to feed him as he's due a feed tomoz,(he fed right through his last shed at the petshop), or should I just leave him till he starts to look for food?

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2008 :  21:43:48  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
I leave mine till they've shed, missing a feed isn't the end of the world. some people feed them if they'll take it though.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2008 :  21:49:47  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Wiggle seems to eat no matter what, but others won't. As stated above, you'll probably notice the eyes cloud over soon, then everything will clear up for a couple of days before he sheds.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

171 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2008 :  21:51:32  Show Profile
Well at least to get a few days of holding him now that I have to leave him alone again, but its for the best.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2008 :  22:14:05  Show Profile
If the shed skin is in one piece you can try to measure it then keep a record of the snakes growth. You might find it interesting or you might not lol. remember to take off at least 10% of the measurement to get a more accurate length.

Seems like your snake is starting to settle in well.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

171 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2008 :  22:17:36  Show Profile
My ten year old daughter has already asked if she can have the skin when it has shed to take in to school. I've told her she can have the second one, I'm wanting the first for my own records.

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2008 :  22:37:53  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
awww bless, my neice and nephews are the same, my daughter is a bit too young to understand though she likes handling the 'wigigs' (snakes!) under supervision of course!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

171 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2008 :  23:25:09  Show Profile
She's been dying to get a hold of him but understands that he needs time to settle, she just had to go through the same kind of thing with her bunny that she got for her birthday.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

124 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2008 :  19:13:18  Show Profile
Well kirk has started the shedding process again thats twice in 3 months should i be worried?? he started to go pale last thursday and fed as normal on saturday, today (Monday) i noticed him poking his head out of his hot viv and his eyes are completely clouded over so he should shed in the next few days, the last time he shed with me he had his mice the day before he shed as normal then when i woke up his old skin was lying there and as soon as i got up he was out showing me his nice shiney new skin

1.0.0 Corn (Kirk)

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2008 :  19:43:25  Show Profile
Its fine for him to be shedding that often. Hes still growing right?

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2008 :  19:53:46  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Wiggle was 37 days between her last sheds and then 49 days before that.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

171 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2008 :  20:04:30  Show Profile
Well cecil shed during saturday night when everyone was in bed, typical, but on a good note it was complete and his eye caps came off too, now he's nice and bright and surprisingly smooth and silky.

Go to Top of Page

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2008 :  15:56:52  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address
Tartan sheds at least every 2 months or so. I'm pretty sure she's still growing, I feed her enough :P

~~ My Zoo ~~
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon - Cooper
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.1.0 Normal Leopard Gecko - Layla
1.1.0 Cats - Zelda the Maine Coon & Link the Ragdoll X Tabby
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids
0.0.20 Community fish tank

Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2008 :  08:59:57  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
snakes will shed throughout their lives and will keep growing but this slows down that they only shed a few times a year

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2008 :  11:12:38  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address
Yeeh I know :) Just seems strange she's shedding so much concidering she's 4'6".
oh well :D
I'll end up with a massive snake that I can't handle cause she eats my hands :P

~~ My Zoo ~~
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon - Cooper
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.1.0 Normal Leopard Gecko - Layla
1.1.0 Cats - Zelda the Maine Coon & Link the Ragdoll X Tabby
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids
0.0.20 Community fish tank

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2008 :  17:20:14  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
It might just be a king/milk snake thing- my Mexi Black has been shedding loads the last few months. Must be the season

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2008 :  21:46:21  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
Hey Kazerella hows Nagini doing? Not heard about any escapades recently!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000