Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2008 :  21:36:00  Show Profile
Try tonight & if there's no luck again try next week. It will end up stressing him too much other wise & try not to handle him until he eats again. When he has eaten, then obviously leave it a couple of days before you handle again.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2008 :  21:36:00  Show Profile
Try tonight & if there's no luck again try next week. It will end up stressing him too much other wise & try not to handle him until he eats again. When he has eaten, then obviously leave it a couple of days before you handle again.
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2008 :  21:40:48  Show Profile
Ok Blackecho, here is the plan! :P . If it was me i would take a peice of card board and put some of the mouse's blood on it. Wait for it to dry a bit and put it in with the snake. After 10 mins put the mouse in with the snake and leave him to it. Hopefully the blood will excite him into striking. Also without th mouse being there he will be investigating more (hopefully).

Edit = also try not to touch the mouse with your hands

Edited by - matty18714 on 14/07/2008 21:42:28
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2008 :  21:40:48  Show Profile
Ok Blackecho, here is the plan! :P . If it was me i would take a peice of card board and put some of the mouse's blood on it. Wait for it to dry a bit and put it in with the snake. After 10 mins put the mouse in with the snake and leave him to it. Hopefully the blood will excite him into striking. Also without th mouse being there he will be investigating more (hopefully).

Edited by - matty18714 on 14/07/2008 21:42:28
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2008 :  21:52:24  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by moneymaker

Try assisting or getting him to strike and then leaving it in over night?

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2008 :  21:52:24  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
quote:

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2008 :  21:53:31  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

The tail tapping lasted a few minutes before Queenie struck at the mouse. After the 2 attempts I ended up leaving it there overnight and and he ate it by about 11am the next day. I'm not handling him at all at the minute even though he seemed to enjoy being handled and exploring new places. I've only successfully fed him with a small mouse although I did try fuzzies before.
At 4 weeks without a feed I was starting to research assist feeding but fortunately not had to do that yet, keep me posted on Rocky Blackecho

It will be a shame not to handle him, he's such a lovely inquisitive snake, but if its for his good...

Will let you know how it goes.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2008 :  21:53:31  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

The tail tapping lasted a few minutes before Queenie struck at the mouse. After the 2 attempts I ended up leaving it there overnight and and he ate it by about 11am the next day. I'm not handling him at all at the minute even though he seemed to enjoy being handled and exploring new places. I've only successfully fed him with a small mouse although I did try fuzzies before.
At 4 weeks without a feed I was starting to research assist feeding but fortunately not had to do that yet, keep me posted on Rocky Blackecho

It will be a shame not to handle him, he's such a lovely inquisitive snake, but if its for his good...

Will let you know how it goes.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2008 :  21:54:35  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

Thanks Matty, will try that if he doesn't go for it tonight.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2008 :  21:54:35  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

Thanks Matty, will try that if he doesn't go for it tonight.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2008 :  21:58:48  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

quote:

try assisting him again, see if he'll do the rest once the mouse is in his mouth. If no luck then leave the mouse in over night.

Edited by - n/a on 14/07/2008 21:59:11
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2008 :  21:58:48  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

quote:

try assisting him again, see if he'll do the rest once the mouse is in his mouth. If no luck then leave the mouse in over night.

Edited by - n/a on 14/07/2008 21:59:11
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2008 :  22:01:41  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Ok, will report back in a bit.

Thanks everyone for the help, they're great snakes, but this is not the first one to be a pain with its feeding!

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2008 :  22:01:41  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Ok, will report back in a bit.

Thanks everyone for the help, they're great snakes, but this is not the first one to be a pain with its feeding!

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2008 :  22:15:44  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Rightio, assist-fed him a fuzzy and as soon as it was in his mouth he curled up around it and I put him back in his viv and he ate it. I only had to get his mouth open, not put it to the back of his throat.

So what now, that was only a fuzzy, it seems too small for him, should I feed him another fuzzy or leave him alone?

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2008 :  22:15:44  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Rightio, assist-fed him a fuzzy and as soon as it was in his mouth he curled up around it and I put him back in his viv and he ate it. I only had to get his mouth open, not put it to the back of his throat.

So what now, that was only a fuzzy, it seems too small for him, should I feed him another fuzzy or leave him alone?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2008 :  07:46:29  Show Profile
no you shouldn't need to put the mouse to the back of the throat.

try small mice from now on that's what they should be on really, but wait until his next feed. Don't over do it just incase it stresses him out.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2008 :  07:46:29  Show Profile
no you shouldn't need to put the mouse to the back of the throat.

try small mice from now on that's what they should be on really, but wait until his next feed. Don't over do it just incase it stresses him out.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2008 :  16:25:30  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Cheers MM, will try him with a small mouse on Sunday.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2008 :  16:25:30  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Cheers MM, will try him with a small mouse on Sunday.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000