snapes new viv
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

306 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2008 :  11:22:41  Show Profile
we have snape in an 18inch plastic starter housing, which is placed inside his 4 foot viv, at night we have started to leave the plastic viv lid open so he can explore his big viv and begin to get used to it, at the start, by morning he would be curled up in his 18 inch viv, but now he has started to sleep in his hide in the big viv, do you think i should remove the 18 inch or leave it the way it is for the time being, he is just over 2 foot long.

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2008 :  12:01:56  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Personally I'd say the 4' viv was too big for him, but each snake is different and if yours is happy in there...

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2008 :  16:30:06  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
I agree with Blackecho, but you could always try I suppose. Just make sure the viv is filled with loads of stuff inside to hide in so he'll feel more secure.

P.s Potter names are cool! I've got a king called Nagini

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

306 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2008 :  19:05:52  Show Profile
the viv is quite packed out so he wouldn't feel insecure, i have the exo terra rock backround in it which itself closes it all in, plus his 18inch housing takes up a decent space, ooh i'd say 18inch!! lol
i think i am gonna stick with the small housing for a while in the big viv and let him go in as he pleases for now, he seems happy doing this.
thanks about his name kaz, i wanted to call him salazar but he is my daughters snake so she had final say on his name!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000