Snake and noise
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

10 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2008 :  22:39:10  Show Profile
Hi, I would like to get corn snake but only good place to have him is in front room. What I'm worried about is TV being loud sometimes, don's want to stress poor animal. Read that they pick up sound as vibration, so what does tv do to them?
Please advise

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2008 :  08:00:56  Show Profile
Unless the tv was up so loud & had an expensive speaker set which produced alot of bass - I wouldn't worry.

One other thing though is the snake, if young, might not like a busy area of the house when trying to settle in for the first time.

Otherwise I would have thought it would be ok.
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2008 :  13:31:46  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
I used to have my viv in the front room, if I had people over I used to put a tablecloth over the viv so visually it was quiet for the snakes, but then Birch is quite nosey so after a while I let her see what was going on. As for the vibrations make sure the viv isn't near any speakers and raising it off the floor can help too.

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2008 :  16:34:26  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
As long as the viv isn't near a speaker you'll be fine, all my snakes are in the living room.

The only problem we have had is when Nagini was very restless for about a month or so and we were worried stiff thinking why, but then we moved one of the computer's speakers further away from her and she's been fine since.

Think it was the heavy rock stuff Lewy was playing on his iTunes that drove her mental

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000