Striking
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2008 :  19:50:53  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Hello, is it normal for a Corn to not strike for its food? - I've had a corn (my first corn) for about 5 months now and she has never struck for a mouse. I tend to have to rub it on her nose and then just leave it with her in the Viv.

I feed her about once a week with a fuzzy or 2. Is that too often maybe?

Cheers

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

dazb
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2008 :  20:51:37  Show Profile
chester never strikes.. he kinda just sniffs around then bites it. think corns are just lazy. lol.
as for feeding him all depends on size etc. heard some people power feed them to get them to adult size quicker but i wouldnt suggest it at all. i feed chester i fuzzy every 5-7 days and he is 10 months old. they are oppertunity eaters so will prob eat every time you offer. just dont over do it. snakes can last weeks with no food so dont worry about under feeding.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2008 :  21:32:13  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Cheers Daz, wasn't worried about under-feeding, more about over-feeding and wondering if that was why she wasn't striking her food. Anyways, if its normal for Corns not too then so be it.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2008 :  21:34:30  Show Profile
If you hang the mouse by its tail, mine wont strike, but if you move it along the floor as if it was walking she does. It depends on the snake though.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

538 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2008 :  21:52:18  Show Profile
I just drop it in the viv, harry has a sniff and eats it, if i dangle it he is like a jack in the box, but i prefer just to lay the food in there as i dont want harry thinking that dangling things are food, especially if its my fingers...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000