Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2008 :  07:54:06  Show Profile
Can't wait; I have just bought a Tangerine Albino het raptor male from here:

http://www.arkreptiles.co.uk/page2.htm

I have also put a deposit down on a pair of Mack Snows het albino too; from here:

http://www.tr-geckos.co.uk/

I'm having the Tangerine Albino delivered to me on 5th July, after the Barking reptile show, so I'm quite lucky.

The pair of Snows won't be ready yet as they need to be 20g before they can be delivered to me so be waiting a few weeks for those.

I'll put pics up if anyone's interested when they all settle in.

n/a
deleted

608 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2008 :  10:08:07  Show Profile
cool
i seen the pics on the website. thinking of getting the male Het Bell Albino leo for 25.
But it up to my parents first. Probably won't cos i got my 2 normal females hatching in 9 weeks

1.1.0 Dog
2.1.0 Cat
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko
R.I.P WINNIE 7.7.08 - 29.8.09
0.1.0 Bearded Dragon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

608 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2008 :  10:08:07  Show Profile
cool
i seen the pics on the website. thinking of getting the male Het Bell Albino leo for 25.
But it up to my parents first. Probably won't cos i got my 2 normal females hatching in 9 weeks

1.1.0 Dog
2.1.0 Cat
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko
R.I.P WINNIE 7.7.08 - 29.8.09
0.1.0 Bearded Dragon

Go to Top of Page

dazb
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2008 :  18:26:07  Show Profile
they are sweet my friend.
looking at adding to my 1 leopard very soon indeed. taking chester (my corn) out of his 90x18x18 viv cos he is only 2 1/2 foot - 3 foot long and i dont think he requires such a large viv, and gonna put my geckos in to it. woo hoo cant wait.
got a tangerine albino already and looking at getting 2-3 females possibly to breed in the future, any ideas on where i can find some info on wot is best to cross him with. dont wanna be a millionaire from breeding but i want to be able to move them on for a small fee(if you know wot i mean)
as always thanks in advance

Go to Top of Page

dazb
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2008 :  18:26:07  Show Profile
they are sweet my friend.
looking at adding to my 1 leopard very soon indeed. taking chester (my corn) out of his 90x18x18 viv cos he is only 2 1/2 foot - 3 foot long and i dont think he requires such a large viv, and gonna put my geckos in to it. woo hoo cant wait.
got a tangerine albino already and looking at getting 2-3 females possibly to breed in the future, any ideas on where i can find some info on wot is best to cross him with. dont wanna be a millionaire from breeding but i want to be able to move them on for a small fee(if you know wot i mean)
as always thanks in advance

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2008 :  21:48:07  Show Profile

Tangerine is a line bred trait so basically anything that is albino would produce albino for you otherwise you'll get all normals. Something with Tangerine in would also give you Leos with a Tangerine appearance possibly it just depends.

Apart from Mack snows. When you cross to one of these you will get more Mack snows rather than just hets.

As I'm still learning about the genetics of Leopard Geckos myself, & the different morphs, I'm not sure about any other Co-Dominant traits yet ?

Your albino is most likely Tremper albino the most common (not trying to sound rude), next is the Rain water albino, then the Bell albino which is the rarest. Do you have a pic of your Leo we can see ?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2008 :  21:48:07  Show Profile

Tangerine is a line bred trait so basically anything that is albino would produce albino for you otherwise you'll get all normals. Something with Tangerine in would also give you Leos with a Tangerine appearance possibly it just depends.

Apart from Mack snows. When you cross to one of these you will get more Mack snows rather than just hets.

As I'm still learning about the genetics of Leopard Geckos myself, & the different morphs, I'm not sure about any other Co-Dominant traits yet ?

Your albino is most likely Tremper albino the most common (not trying to sound rude), next is the Rain water albino, then the Bell albino which is the rarest. Do you have a pic of your Leo we can see ?

Go to Top of Page

dazb
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2008 :  22:00:46  Show Profile
this is the only pic i got uploaded at the mo(i think?)

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=466

he was born in april 08 and is about 5 1/2- 6 inch long. he was sold to me as a tangerine albino with possible giant gene?
that is why he is apparantly so big.
Need to workout the genetic side of it coss dont want babies that nobody would like(hope that doesnt sound like im mean and only in it for the cash cos i definately aint, just wanna spread the gecko love)

just built a new viv for chester so on the look out for a nice female or three...LOL

Go to Top of Page

dazb
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2008 :  22:00:46  Show Profile
this is the only pic i got uploaded at the mo(i think?)

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=466

he was born in april 08 and is about 5 1/2- 6 inch long. he was sold to me as a tangerine albino with possible giant gene?
that is why he is apparantly so big.
Need to workout the genetic side of it coss dont want babies that nobody would like(hope that doesnt sound like im mean and only in it for the cash cos i definately aint, just wanna spread the gecko love)

just built a new viv for chester so on the look out for a nice female or three...LOL

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2008 :  09:31:16  Show Profile
Looks to me, from pics I've seen, more like a super hypo (poss carrot-tail) ?

The tail has melanin (black spots) which albinos don't have.

As I have already stated before I can't be totally 100% as I'm still learning alot but with corns amel/albino = no melanin.

Hypo means reduced melanin rather than completely lacking. In Leos hypo x hypo = super hypo. These should have 12 black spots or less. I think this is what you may have. Just doesn't look albino to me....

Giant bred to anything will influence it by 25% of the offspring showing this trait. Two giants make super giant. so one of the parents must have carried the gene. So could be a 66% het ?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2008 :  09:31:16  Show Profile
Looks to me, from pics I've seen, more like a super hypo (poss carrot-tail) ?

The tail has melanin (black spots) which albinos don't have.

As I have already stated before I can't be totally 100% as I'm still learning alot but with corns amel/albino = no melanin.

Hypo means reduced melanin rather than completely lacking. In Leos hypo x hypo = super hypo. These should have 12 black spots or less. I think this is what you may have. Just doesn't look albino to me....

Giant bred to anything will influence it by 25% of the offspring showing this trait. Two giants make super giant. so one of the parents must have carried the gene. So could be a 66% het ?

Go to Top of Page

dazb
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2008 :  18:09:37  Show Profile
Mmmm!! now im stuck. do you know any good sites or forums where i can email afew pics so i can be sure.

thx again

Go to Top of Page

dazb
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2008 :  18:09:37  Show Profile
Mmmm!! now im stuck. do you know any good sites or forums where i can email afew pics so i can be sure.

thx again

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2008 :  19:33:20  Show Profile
try here;

http://geckoforums.net/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts