Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

n/a
deleted

21 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2008 :  16:51:34  Show Profile
Ok, I probably seem really whinny, but still...
The hatchling is actually afraid of the pinkie! Wont go anywhere near it ect, will she just eat when she hungry enough? Or should I be thinking about investing in a pair of feeding tweezers?

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2008 :  17:04:15  Show Profile
could be nervous so just leave the snake with the pinkie even over night but you probably want to try a fresh pinky. Tweezers would make it easier & possibly less stressful for the snake if it's not feeding when you put the food in by hand. also try not to touch the pinky to much during defrosting & feeding.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2008 :  17:04:15  Show Profile
could be nervous so just leave the snake with the pinkie even over night but you probably want to try a fresh pinky. Tweezers would make it easier & possibly less stressful for the snake if it's not feeding when you put the food in by hand. also try not to touch the pinky to much during defrosting & feeding.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

21 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2008 :  18:59:50  Show Profile
Thanks

Vikki
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

21 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2008 :  18:59:50  Show Profile
Thanks

Vikki
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

21 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  11:22:31  Show Profile
well a second one has shed and he too is just not intersted in eating, any sergestions. they dont even "sniff" them realy??

Vikki
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

21 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  11:22:31  Show Profile
well a second one has shed and he too is just not intersted in eating, any sergestions. they dont even "sniff" them realy??

Vikki
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  12:23:27  Show Profile
it may just be the fact that they have only just shed. how many hatchling/bays do you have ? what are the temps in their setups ? or are they housed together ? where are the vivs/tanks situated ? when did they last eat & poo ?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  12:23:27  Show Profile
it may just be the fact that they have only just shed. how many hatchling/bays do you have ? what are the temps in their setups ? or are they housed together ? where are the vivs/tanks situated ? when did they last eat & poo ?
Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  08:49:21  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
i`ve got 5 hatchlings that still wont eat( since 25th may) tried a few method to no avail, will keep trying and hope for the best, their condition still looking good at the mo

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  08:49:21  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
i`ve got 5 hatchlings that still wont eat( since 25th may) tried a few method to no avail, will keep trying and hope for the best, their condition still looking good at the mo

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  12:48:32  Show Profile
Do you mind me asking how old/young they are ? what methods have you tried ?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  12:48:32  Show Profile
Do you mind me asking how old/young they are ? what methods have you tried ?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

526 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  20:58:12  Show Profile
I dont know if this helps, but i read somewhere that they can live of the yolks from the egg until sometime after there 1st shed...doubt its relevant but could explain it...
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

526 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  20:58:12  Show Profile
I dont know if this helps, but i read somewhere that they can live of the yolks from the egg until sometime after there 1st shed...doubt its relevant but could explain it...
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

117 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  22:49:29  Show Profile
Have you tried braining the pinkies?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

117 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  22:49:29  Show Profile
Have you tried braining the pinkies?
Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2008 :  01:18:41  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
they are all about 4 weeks old and all shed, i have tried:
normal defrost pinkie
warm water defrost pinkie
day pinkie
night pinkie
brained pinkie
left in tub pinkie
tweezer wiggled pinkie
rubbed on day old chick pinkie
their 16 other brothers and sister ate first time fine, might try live pinkies next as a last resort, any other ideas

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2008 :  01:18:41  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
they are all about 4 weeks old and all shed, i have tried:
normal defrost pinkie
warm water defrost pinkie
day pinkie
night pinkie
brained pinkie
left in tub pinkie
tweezer wiggled pinkie
rubbed on day old chick pinkie
their 16 other brothers and sister ate first time fine, might try live pinkies next as a last resort, any other ideas

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2008 :  09:32:16  Show Profile
If you think it's too late til the next shed for them to wait to feed then try force feeding. Not as bad as it sounds. just use tweezers to hold the pinky firmly. putting the head of the pinky at the front or side of the snakes mouth a gently lifting up the top lip of the snake will usually make it open its mouth. then before it can pull its head away put the pinky down into the snakes throat & let the snake do what ever - it may spit it back out - try again. You can eithe rput snake down in tub or under a hide or just carry on holding it whilst it feeds. Try adding some 'REPTOBOOST' to the water too.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2008 :  09:32:16  Show Profile
If you think it's too late til the next shed for them to wait to feed then try force feeding. Not as bad as it sounds. just use tweezers to hold the pinky firmly. putting the head of the pinky at the front or side of the snakes mouth a gently lifting up the top lip of the snake will usually make it open its mouth. then before it can pull its head away put the pinky down into the snakes throat & let the snake do what ever - it may spit it back out - try again. You can eithe rput snake down in tub or under a hide or just carry on holding it whilst it feeds. Try adding some 'REPTOBOOST' to the water too.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000