Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2008 :  12:21:49  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
thanks, i had to do that before to royals but they got bigger necks so it seems easier, tried one this morning but it stressed him out and he was`nt having any of it, think i will try live next before i try that again

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2008 :  12:21:49  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
thanks, i had to do that before to royals but they got bigger necks so it seems easier, tried one this morning but it stressed him out and he was`nt having any of it, think i will try live next before i try that again

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2008 :  08:38:47  Show Profile
It can be quite easy to do, but obviously there is stress involved because it's not natural for the snake to feed in this way. gently hold behind the head so the rest of the body will curl around you or sort of flap about, once the snake has calmed slightly you should be able to try the method above. I would really try again & don't think you're gonna hurt the snake. The problem with getting it used to live is that it may expect live food all the time through adult hood.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2008 :  08:38:47  Show Profile
It can be quite easy to do, but obviously there is stress involved because it's not natural for the snake to feed in this way. gently hold behind the head so the rest of the body will curl around you or sort of flap about, once the snake has calmed slightly you should be able to try the method above. I would really try again & don't think you're gonna hurt the snake. The problem with getting it used to live is that it may expect live food all the time through adult hood.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

21 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2008 :  22:10:35  Show Profile
They cant be that hungry yet, due to the fact one pooed only hours ago, (they are all housed in the same viv) they seem slightly more intersted in the pinky's now, but havent atempted to eat them yet. I am wondering how long untill i should try force feeding them.

Vikki
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

21 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2008 :  22:10:35  Show Profile
They cant be that hungry yet, due to the fact one pooed only hours ago, (they are all housed in the same viv) they seem slightly more intersted in the pinky's now, but havent atempted to eat them yet. I am wondering how long untill i should try force feeding them.

Vikki
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2008 :  22:27:07  Show Profile
Shouldnt they be seperated? dont they eat each other? (im sure i heard that somewhere)

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2008 :  22:27:07  Show Profile
Shouldnt they be seperated? dont they eat each other? (im sure i heard that somewhere)

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2008 :  08:45:08  Show Profile
what are the temps ?

when did they last eat ?

when did they last shed ?

how old are they ?

how many are housed together ?

have you tried housing/feeding them alone ?

yes one could eat the other.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2008 :  08:45:08  Show Profile
what are the temps ?

when did they last eat ?

when did they last shed ?

how old are they ?

how many are housed together ?

have you tried housing/feeding them alone ?

yes one could eat the other.
Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2008 :  22:29:39  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
tried force feeding and none of them wanted any of it(spitters not swallowers),try live next then up to mother nature

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2008 :  22:29:39  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
tried force feeding and none of them wanted any of it(spitters not swallowers),try live next then up to mother nature

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

21 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2008 :  00:22:27  Show Profile
theres 4 in the viv, and if they wont eat the pinkys i dount they will eat each other, they are just on a heat mat 1/2 on 1/2 off the first shead thurs the last shed fri, i only try to feed them alone iv tryed them in a feeding pot and in the viv (both alone)and lefted them all day with it. there about 1.5 -2 weeks closer to 2 weeks. tryed braining the pinkys too. no luck they sniff them and rum there noses on them but thats about it.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

21 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2008 :  00:22:27  Show Profile
theres 4 in the viv, and if they wont eat the pinkys i dount they will eat each other, they are just on a heat mat 1/2 on 1/2 off the first shead thurs the last shed fri, i only try to feed them alone iv tryed them in a feeding pot and in the viv (both alone)and lefted them all day with it. there about 1.5 -2 weeks closer to 2 weeks. tryed braining the pinkys too. no luck they sniff them and rum there noses on them but thats about it.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2008 :  08:52:46  Show Profile
Makes no difference if they eating pinkies or not - they could still eat each other. They will also eat small lizards & they're rarely offered as food.

still need to know temps - i take it you don't have a thermometer ?

You need to measure temps & keep them stable as just using a heatmat because it produces heat wil not do. These can go up to 40*C which will be unsuitable for your snakes. Plus if they did eat & temps are too high they'll regurgitate.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2008 :  08:52:46  Show Profile
Makes no difference if they eating pinkies or not - they could still eat each other. They will also eat small lizards & they're rarely offered as food.

still need to know temps - i take it you don't have a thermometer ?

You need to measure temps & keep them stable as just using a heatmat because it produces heat wil not do. These can go up to 40*C which will be unsuitable for your snakes. Plus if they did eat & temps are too high they'll regurgitate.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

21 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2008 :  10:11:56  Show Profile
kk, how long can they go befor they keel over? wat tempratur should it be and the humidity?
on the hot side its 26*c and 70% humidity, and on the cool 23*c Room temp but thats getting warmer as we go and 56% humidity. they have a little cave thing to hid in on the cooler side dont know wat temp it is in there. am going out to get a bigge vaverium later.

Vikki
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

21 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2008 :  10:11:56  Show Profile
kk, how long can they go befor they keel over? wat tempratur should it be and the humidity?
on the hot side its 26*c and 70% humidity, and on the cool 23*c Room temp but thats getting warmer as we go and 56% humidity. they have a little cave thing to hid in on the cooler side dont know wat temp it is in there. am going out to get a bigge vaverium later.

Vikki
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2008 :  17:16:08  Show Profile
for now move the heat mat either onto the back wall or the side wall of the viv. hot temp @ 28-30*C & cool end around 24*C. Don't worry about humidity it's not as important as the temp. A stat will control temps for you once set up properly.

Do you have your new viv now?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2008 :  17:16:08  Show Profile
for now move the heat mat either onto the back wall or the side wall of the viv. hot temp @ 28-30*C & cool end around 24*C. Don't worry about humidity it's not as important as the temp. A stat will control temps for you once set up properly.

Do you have your new viv now?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000