is my snake scared of me??
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

muppet9976
Hatchling

United Kingdom
254 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2009 :  18:24:27  Show Profile  Click to see muppet9976's MSN Messenger address
Hello!

I have held my snake several times last week and this week, and he seems quite inquisitive, as whenever i look in the tank, he is hidden in his hide, but with his head poking out.

However, when i open the tank, and try and get him out, he, moves back into his hide, and seems quite scared.

When i try and get him out, he seems fine, after i lift up his hide and pick him up.

I was just wondering how i could get him to be more relaxed around me...

1.0.0 Amel Corn - Fluffy!

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2009 :  18:28:55  Show Profile
Its a snake, it will always be scared of you. It will never appreciate you being there .

To try to spook it less, dont move you hands above it, pick it up from the side. Also try handling it when its already active and moving.

Go to Top of Page

solid
Hatchling

United Kingdom
428 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2009 :  18:30:15  Show Profile
i think thats quite normal, mine do that now and again especially liquid cuz hes small.

3.1.1 corns - solid,liquid,ocelot,fox + raiden / 0.0.1 missing MBK - raven
PS3id: adam83
Go to Top of Page

muppet9976
Hatchling

United Kingdom
254 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2009 :  19:05:44  Show Profile  Click to see muppet9976's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

Its a snake, it will always be scared of you. It will never appreciate you being there .

To try to spook it less, dont move you hands above it, pick it up from the side. Also try handling it when its already active and moving.

ok, but the only thing is that it is never moving. It is always hidden in its hide, and i cant even see it.

If it is out and moving and i decide to get it out, it will more straight back into its hide.

I will persevere and hopefully it will get more used to me.

1.0.0 Amel Corn - Fluffy!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000