Anxious mum
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

33 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2008 :  22:18:06  Show Profile
I have a gravid corn and she had her pre-lay shed last saturday night but she still hasnt laid her eggs is there any things to look for which might be a sign she will lay any time now.

The last day she has spent a lot of her time in her nest box only coming out for a little while, then she is straight back in, she seems to be getting very round.

This is our first time breeding so not sure what to look for, any help much appreciated.

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2008 :  23:26:38  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Have you got an incubator ready?
That's the most important one.
Just keep an eye on her for now, if she shed last saturday(4 days ago), then i'd guess she'll lay within about a week, if it was the saurday before that(11 days ago), then she'll drop soon (ish).
All snakes differ in how they lay, but there is the ballpark figures.
There's loads of info on this site, have a look round, just remember to not rotate/turn the eggs when they're laid.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2008 :  23:26:38  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Have you got an incubator ready?
That's the most important one.
Just keep an eye on her for now, if she shed last saturday(4 days ago), then i'd guess she'll lay within about a week, if it was the saurday before that(11 days ago), then she'll drop soon (ish).
All snakes differ in how they lay, but there is the ballpark figures.
There's loads of info on this site, have a look round, just remember to not rotate/turn the eggs when they're laid.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

33 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2008 :  06:51:03  Show Profile
yes it was the sat before so 11 days, incubator is all ready and waiting so I will just have to be patient then.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

33 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2008 :  06:51:03  Show Profile
yes it was the sat before so 11 days, incubator is all ready and waiting so I will just have to be patient then.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

316 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2008 :  11:04:01  Show Profile
hi most corns lay between day 7 and 14 after shed but as Kehhlyr said its just a ballpark figure, it shouldnt be long now

www.cornmorphs.webs.com www.southwestpythons.webs.com
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

316 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2008 :  11:04:01  Show Profile
hi most corns lay between day 7 and 14 after shed but as Kehhlyr said its just a ballpark figure, it shouldnt be long now

www.cornmorphs.webs.com www.southwestpythons.webs.com
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

33 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2008 :  11:26:10  Show Profile
god news she has laid them I have left her in her nest box for now until my other half gets home in case she still has more to lay it looks like 7-8 so far.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

33 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2008 :  11:26:10  Show Profile
god news she has laid them I have left her in her nest box for now until my other half gets home in case she still has more to lay it looks like 7-8 so far.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000