nest box tempreture
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

67 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2008 :  23:11:53  Show Profile
Hello, What temp should my nesting box be in the viv as at the moment its 24c?? should it be hotter or cooler? as this is my first seson with snakes.Thanks.

n/a
deleted

316 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2008 :  11:05:06  Show Profile
hmmm i have never taken nesting box temps if your female is happy she will lay in the box you provide. i tend to place mine up the warm end just of the heat mat sometimes with abit on. thats where they tend to lay but sometimes i do add another nest box if she seems unsettled. if i was going to measure temp i would be looking for around 80F/82F 26C/27c, but cooler is better than hotter if you think you might not get to your eggs right away.

www.cornmorphs.webs.com www.southwestpythons.webs.com
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

316 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2008 :  11:05:06  Show Profile
hmmm i have never taken nesting box temps if your female is happy she will lay in the box you provide. i tend to place mine up the warm end just of the heat mat sometimes with abit on. thats where they tend to lay but sometimes i do add another nest box if she seems unsettled. if i was going to measure temp i would be looking for around 80F/82F 26C/27c, but cooler is better than hotter if you think you might not get to your eggs right away.

www.cornmorphs.webs.com www.southwestpythons.webs.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000