Sids Eggs.
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2008 :  14:40:49  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Oh well, I'm not gonna get any hatchlings from sids eggs.
I went to a mates on Friday, and only got back yesterday.
I fed my snakes last night, and didn't get Sid out to feed her, because she was carrying, or so I thought.
I've just seen her 'hunting' around the Viv, I thought she looked skinny so I checked.
She had laid her eggs under my woodchips right on top of the heatmat!!
A choice of 2 nestboxes, one of which she seemed to love, then she does that.
I'd guess it was probably Friday or Saturday that she done this.
The eggs are completely shrivelled up and nearly solid, they've been on the heat mat for a few days I'd guess.
I wonder if I can have any more things go wrong when it comes to eggs.
That has really pi**ed me off.
I know that if my missus had seen them, she would've told me and I would've got her to move them.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

matt
Hatchling

United Kingdom
112 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2008 :  17:34:09  Show Profile
Sorry to hear that dude!

its like, its like Spanish for like a fighting chicken ...
Go to Top of Page

matt
Hatchling

United Kingdom
112 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2008 :  17:34:09  Show Profile
Sorry to hear that dude!

its like, its like Spanish for like a fighting chicken ...
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2008 :  18:23:14  Show Profile
Im sorry that this has happened and you have got to put it down to bad luck. Can none of the eggs be salvaged?

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2008 :  18:23:14  Show Profile
Im sorry that this has happened and you have got to put it down to bad luck. Can none of the eggs be salvaged?

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2008 :  19:42:08  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
All the eggs are, quite literally cooked.
I was away and couldn't do anything, and assumed if she did lay while i was gone, it'd be in the nest boxes.

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2008 :  19:42:08  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
All the eggs are, quite literally cooked.
I was away and couldn't do anything, and assumed if she did lay while i was gone, it'd be in the nest boxes.

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2008 :  21:09:36  Show Profile
How long until the snakes can breed again? (I havent bothered to read up on breeding as i have a single corn)

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2008 :  21:09:36  Show Profile
How long until the snakes can breed again? (I havent bothered to read up on breeding as i have a single corn)

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2008 :  21:57:18  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
I think they need to cool off and go through brumation before they'll breed again so probably next year, but there's loads of more experienced people on this board who'll hopefully correct me if I'm wrong :-)

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2008 :  21:57:18  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
I think they need to cool off and go through brumation before they'll breed again so probably next year, but there's loads of more experienced people on this board who'll hopefully correct me if I'm wrong :-)

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

182 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2008 :  22:21:00  Show Profile
Sorry about your eggs Kehhlyr, you aint having much luck at the moment are you. If at first (or second) you dont succeed try try again. keep trying mate xx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

182 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2008 :  22:21:00  Show Profile
Sorry about your eggs Kehhlyr, you aint having much luck at the moment are you. If at first (or second) you dont succeed try try again. keep trying mate xx

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2008 :  23:21:39  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by rie

If at first (or second) you dont succeed try try again.

And all this time I thought it was:
'If At first you don't succeed, have a gin and tonic'

Cheers Rie.

As for the mating cycle, I believe it's about once a year, but the previous owners have only ever had eggs in one year, and they had 2 batches apparently.
From what i can remember they had a batch in early March and then in late November.
Unfortunately i cannot confirm the accuracy of this, as they believed that Kelloggs, My Snow, was a female!

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2008 :  23:21:39  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by rie

If at first (or second) you dont succeed try try again.

And all this time I thought it was:
'If At first you don't succeed, have a gin and tonic'

Cheers Rie.

As for the mating cycle, I believe it's about once a year, but the previous owners have only ever had eggs in one year, and they had 2 batches apparently.
From what i can remember they had a batch in early March and then in late November.
Unfortunately i cannot confirm the accuracy of this, as they believed that Kelloggs, My Snow, was a female!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

182 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2008 :  10:40:28  Show Profile
Well there you go, thats where you have been going wrong, Its a Vodka you need not gin !

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

182 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2008 :  10:40:28  Show Profile
Well there you go, thats where you have been going wrong, Its a Vodka you need not gin !

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

316 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2008 :  11:09:56  Show Profile
really sorry to hear that Kehhlyr better luck next time, you never know one of your females may double clutch

www.cornmorphs.webs.com www.southwestpythons.webs.com
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

316 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2008 :  11:09:56  Show Profile
really sorry to hear that Kehhlyr better luck next time, you never know one of your females may double clutch

www.cornmorphs.webs.com www.southwestpythons.webs.com
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2008 :  14:11:14  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by roselyn

you never know one of your females may double clutch

Possibly, but i wont cross my fingers, this was only the second or third time these females have laid eggs, they don't seem to be the motherly type, more like tomboys.

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2008 :  14:11:14  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by roselyn

you never know one of your females may double clutch

Possibly, but i wont cross my fingers, this was only the second or third time these females have laid eggs, they don't seem to be the motherly type, more like tomboys.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000