dead tail?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

79 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2009 :  22:50:23  Show Profile
hey everyone i already have a cornsnake called "tango" and bought a new one home yeaterday called "cash" i got him out today and noticed that the end of his tail roughly about half an inch looks limp and shriveled does this mean that it is dead maybe due to a shed not fully coming away in the past and if so will it cause any problems i think he is about a year old and about 2 ft he is gorgous will get some pics of him on here tomorrow a friend of mine says that as he grows and sheds it will eventually dissapear any advice gratefully recieved

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2009 :  22:55:42  Show Profile
If its dead it wont dissapear. Does it look like it will fall off? If it does you may need to clean the wound.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

125 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2009 :  05:06:26  Show Profile
if i was you i would take it back
it was prob caused when shedding and when he left a bit skin on his tail it's damaged it's tail
because no one took it off straight away

if it falls off i don't think it will grow it back,i could be wrong, but i don't think corns can grow there tails back.

i would def take it back and get another 1

later

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

79 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2009 :  11:01:25  Show Profile
hi it doesnt look like it will fall off and there is no wound its just limp and he doesnt flinch if you squeeze the end of his tail so i dont think there is any feeling in the end i was just wondering if it will cause any long term problems
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2009 :  22:36:07  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
pics wuld be good. is there un-shed skin still stuck to it? if there is and you can get it off that would be good. if the tail is limp though it sounds damaged in some way. if it did go necrotic and drop off it definitely wouldn't grow back.

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

79 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  23:47:46  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

pics wuld be good. is there un-shed skin still stuck to it? if there is and you can get it off that would be good. if the tail is limp though it sounds damaged in some way. if it did go necrotic and drop off it definitely wouldn't grow back.

ok great will get some pics of his tail and then you can tell me what you think my other snake "tango" shed today fisrt time i actually saw him shed which was amazing!! he still had a bit left on the end of his tail so i just moistened it and got it off. Thanks for all your help as you can probably tell i am a newbie at keeping snakes. I have just been offered a 3 and a half foot albino with viv £100 but i think i will stick to what i got at the mo eventually i would like to get a shed in the garden board it all out and keep snakes in there but i think i have a lot to learn first!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000