feeding problems
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

46 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2009 :  13:29:49  Show Profile
Hey peeps. I've got a little problem with my snakey It is tame when handling, no problems with getting it out of its viv (a bit stroppy but alright), but when it comes to feeding time in a smaller tube my snaky is getting mad, even after feeding 2 mice it still seems hungry and is hunting my fingers, i know you might say give it some more food but 1 huge fuzzy and a big pinky is enough for an 8 month old snake every 5 days, anyway i am struggling to get it out of the feeding tube without getting bitten. Any advise will do, maybe it feels unsecured in the tube or the tube is too small

0.0.1 - Anery corn
0.1.0 - Chilean Rose Tarantula

muppet9976
Hatchling

United Kingdom
254 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2009 :  13:38:33  Show Profile  Click to see muppet9976's MSN Messenger address
The mouse should be around the thickness of the thickest part of the snake i think.
If you are worried about him biting you could you just place the tube in his viv and leave him, then later check to see if he has gone into his hide or something, and remove the tube from the viv?
That is possibly an option if it fits.
Or if the tube is longer than the viv, bput on the in the viv at the smallest angle you can, and sit and wait for him to come out under his own steam.

1.0.0 Amel Corn - Fluffy!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

46 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2009 :  13:44:17  Show Profile
Waiting while it gets out under his own steam is what i'm doing now, but thats kind of cruel i think because it doesnt want to get out of the tube )) so i have to open the tube quickly and turn it over so snake almost falls out of it, i know it sound terrible but i havent fount another option yet so any more advises?

0.0.1 - Anery corn
Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2009 :  14:26:04  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address
is your corn strike feeding?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

46 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2009 :  14:29:28  Show Profile
Most of the time

0.0.1 - Anery corn
Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2009 :  14:34:29  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address
you should feed it a mouse the same with as the mouth of your corn. if you corn isnt stretchin its mouth to eat try a bigger size. i have got a 7 month old corn and he is just trying small mice now. maybe tryin a bigger size mouse if your only feedin it fuzzies.
my corn devoured 4 fuzzies last week so i gave him a small mouse this time and he was fine
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

46 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2009 :  14:56:55  Show Profile
Maybe was unclear, the question is not about amount and size of food. It is about my snake bad behavior in a feeding tube, even while offering some juicy warm fuzzies it prefers my fingers, it might strike food first, then leave it and try to reach me again, and thats only happening in the feeding tube, i am not worried about my snake biting me now (will be worried when it gets bigger though) but its kind a small war happening when i am trying to put it back into its viv.

0.0.1 - Anery corn
Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2009 :  14:58:23  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address
what im sayin tho exlet is it could be down to his hunger. if he is hungry he may well confuse your finger for a fuzzie
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

46 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2009 :  15:07:14  Show Profile
To Brookestar
I'll try to give it 2 fuzzies on Tuesday or Wednesday, hope that works. How big is your snake by the way? mine is about 24 inches long (60 cm) it stretches its mouth when taking fuzzy. Don't you think I'll overfeed it if offer 3 or more fuzzies a week?

0.0.1 - Anery corn
Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2009 :  15:19:52  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address
like i said i fed mine 4 fuzzies last week and he wasnt nasty like normal. i wouldnt reccomend feedin him that much everytime but every now and then and mine is about 60 inces now so a bit bigger than yours.

if that doesnt work exlet it could just be the tube some corns realise when its feedin time and get aggresive. what corn is it btw?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

46 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2009 :  15:25:10  Show Profile
Thats an Anery corn. About 8 months old some pics in here to compare size of its head with my finger )) http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3447

0.0.1 - Anery corn
Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2009 :  15:29:38  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address
definatley still on fuzzies then hehe.
maybe its just anerys as mine is an anery and its always hungry
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2009 :  17:49:46  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
give him longer in the tub so he comes out of feeding mode,give it 15 mins

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000