Sneaky scared of pinkies... :(
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

116 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2009 :  19:48:12  Show Profile
I'm having some feeding problems with Sneaky. :( I take him out and put him in a basin. He eats pinky n°1 no problem, but then he tries to escape as soon as I show him pinky n°2. It's even worse when I make the pinkies dance with the tongue. He couldn't get away from it any faster. :( I need to hide the pinky under one of his hides and leave him to it. Then he usually eats it. What am I doing wrong? I would really like him to be more comfortable during feeding time. :( Can anybody give me some advice please?

n/a
deleted

253 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2009 :  20:13:24  Show Profile
If he is going waay from it then i presume he isnt hungry for another. If he eats one.. at least its better than eating none so dont worry about it.. dont put him under pressure of having to eat it.. if he only eats one, he eats one. If he eats two he eats too.. dont force it to him if he doesnt want it! :)

0.0.1 Amelanistic Corn 'Noodle'
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon 'Bowser'
1.0.0 Staffordshire Bull Terrier 'Remo'

''The Devil is a loser and he's my B*tch!''
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2009 :  23:00:29  Show Profile
I would agree with Sparrowhawk, it's like being force fed, not good for snakie, would get stressed out and would accosisiate "ugh that wiggling pinkie, not going near that" every meal time and wont eat.
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2009 :  16:32:28  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
just posted this on another thread, the same applies though...........

give it a few weeks then try a second one again.
it will probably take a little longer than the first one so it's easier if you feed her in a tub that you can cover up and let her get on with it for 15mins or so.

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

589 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2009 :  18:43:45  Show Profile
As GP says give it time...

i had a corn like that , i also used to feed her by leaving the pinkie inside half a toilet roll, it took ages to get her confidence up, but be patient and just offer one for now,

Rat World, Frozen Rats/Multis/Gerbils/Mice

T.0845 250 0020

2.3.0. Royals.1.2.0 Corns. RIP Sadie

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

116 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2009 :  13:05:20  Show Profile
Thanks for all the replies, I really appreciate. :) I'll give Sneaky as much time as he needs, I just want him to feel comfortable. Yesterday, I put 2 pinkies in a tub, then put Sneaky in it, covered it up, and left him to it. When I checked again 15 minutes later, both pinkies were gone. :)) I think he just doesn't like it when people look at him when he eats. Fair enough! lol! :))
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000