Finally a Good Shed
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

1 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2009 :  10:55:44  Show Profile
A while ago (ok maybe only a few weeks ago) I was on here worrying about my little snakey and his lumps and how they effected his shedding.
After 2 very bad and very stressful sheds the cycle started again with misty eyes and fear of how Jake will cope this time. Well can you believe it I came into my bedroom last night to find Jake sat happy in one corner and the whole shed over with. His skin came off in only 2 parts this time and for once the cage did not look like a WW2 blizted London. I'm so happy and proud of the little lumpy fella and just wanted to share.
We've no idea what helped him this time or how he'll do come the next shed but fingers crossed its a sign of things to come. xx

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2009 :  12:51:01  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address
have you tried a box with damp spagham moss? like a nesting box that what i used when mine had problems with sheddin and it seemed to help a lot
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

48 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2009 :  13:18:36  Show Profile
hiaa my snake is having very bad sheding problems please can you tell me what is spagham moss please ..x

[URL=http://www.mybannermaker.com][/URL]
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2009 :  12:05:48  Show Profile
Another tactic without the moss; the moss just loosens up their skin before a shed. If I'm correct, I never use moss. If in a bad shed with skin still on, and patchy and flakey, plonk snakey in a luke warm bath for a good 5 minutes then let him wriggle through a damp or dry towel. Keep repeating for a few times till its all gone.

Did with this with my male when he missed 2inches off his tail. took two baths to go.

The moss, not sure maybe someone can link to a website, but is frozen then pour boiling water over it and left to dry, put this in a pot (ice cream tub.. etc on the size of the viv) with a good hole that snakeys not gonna get caught on. NO TAPE.
Matty said to put a soldering iron through, leaves hole nice a smooth. you pack out the tub with moss that helps to loosen skin just make sure snakie can get in and out.
How to prepare it; http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1766

edit:/ wording and the link to "prepare moss"

Edited by - hillzi on 24/05/2009 12:08:53
Go to Top of Page

muppet9976
Hatchling

United Kingdom
254 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2009 :  13:48:01  Show Profile  Click to see muppet9976's MSN Messenger address
Or, if you dont want to use moss, i think that paper towels work aswell. Or putting him in a wet pillowcase for a few minutes

1.0.0 Amel Corn - Fluffy!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000