Mat Stats
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

85 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  13:11:42  Show Profile
Think I may have just been a dope! Have bought the Microclimate On/Off Thermostat MINI STAT 100 for Fred, is this the right one or should I have bought a dimmer one instead? And also, what temp do I set the stat at? I have also just ordered a digital thermometer so I can try and get the temps right for her, took the light out and replaced it with the Lucky Reptile night light set, and have found some rather nice pieces of wood that have been stripped, sanded, bleached and sanded again for her viv. Hopefully all this will encourage her to become a little more active!

0.1.0 Corn Snake Sunglow
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons

CAL
Hatchling

United Kingdom
146 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  14:29:11  Show Profile  Visit CAL's Homepage
Hi Susan,
You only need a dimming thermomstat if you are using it to control a light. The mat stat is for use with heating mats only as the rapid on/off control wrecks the bulb life.

I think the upper temp should be 28 - 30 but once you have set your stat to that keep checking it with the thermometer as the matstat temp markings may be a little out. Once you have set it using the thermometer it should control accurately.

Just out of interest is the Lucky Reptile Night Light set a bulb or the LED kit? I've just bought the LED kit myself but haven't fitted them yet.

0.0.1 Cornsnake: Monty, 10 years old, 5ft 3".
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  16:37:31  Show Profile
Dont worry, you have the right stat As for setting the temps, the actual temperature of the mat will never be the same as what it says on the dial. You need to use it with a thermometer to find the correct position on the dial. You want the temp at the hot end to be about 27-28*C but a degree either way does no harm.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

85 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  17:38:09  Show Profile
Hi Cal its the led set, they look pretty good will put a pic up when I get her viv all sorted tonight! Bit concerned though cos even though she is in front of a large window it seems pretty dark in there now and I have a feeling I may get a bit of a bite when I go in now!

Thanks Matty, have ordered the digi thermo so soon as that comes and her new mat - went for an 11x17, that should be her all sorted!

0.1.0 Corn Snake Sunglow
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

58 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  19:44:05  Show Profile
Hi, dimming stats can be used with any heat source the only reason i bought a dimming one was if i wanted to change to a lamp i could

michael

1.0.0 Tom a 10 month old Flourescent orange Corn 29 inches and growing fast

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000