dinner time
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

18 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  10:24:58  Show Profile
iv got 2 corns, have had them 1 year and nearly 3 months, i THINK they were about 7 weeks old when we got them. we were feeding them 1 pinky per week, until a couple of months ago,when we went up to fluffs, but i have been reading tons of posts on here, and am seeing people saying 2 fluffs every week? or once every 5 days, etc. i understand that the feed should be no bigger than 1.5 times the widest part of the snake. mine are probably about 1.5 cms thick, almost 2 foot long. there on 1 fluff a week, they eat fairly quickly and the bulge is there but no overly significant. should i upgrade?? thanks

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  10:49:10  Show Profile
I think you should be able to upgrade them, see if they take it which I'm sure they will

2 fluffs every week what I feed mine and then if they do not take it, try what you normally feed them a week for a few more weeks.
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  13:45:47  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
you should be ok,people usaly feed two fluffs to prepare the snake for larger prey.If your not seeing much of a lump start giving 2 for a while then move up 1 of the next size up every 5-7 days

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  20:15:47  Show Profile
fed mine on wednesday got him out today for first after feed, very cloudy eyes but was very calm with me although he did a huge poo over my joggers and hoodie suprising really that a small snakey produces that much crap!

So he's pooed out his mouse and getting a bit stressy because he's in shed so will leave him a few days.

I'm guessing monday will be shed day but I'm in africa and Dad's home so will not see him

Edited by - hillzi on 03/04/2009 22:43:47
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000