house together
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dantheman2944
Hatchling

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2009 :  15:50:29  Show Profile  Click to see dantheman2944's MSN Messenger address
does anyone here have a male and 2 females housed together

thanks to solid for the sig

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2009 :  21:14:14  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
some people on here cohabit corns, there's a good sticky thread on it that's worth sitting down and reading through
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1070

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

dantheman2944
Hatchling

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2009 :  23:34:30  Show Profile  Click to see dantheman2944's MSN Messenger address
i read that before just wondered if any one has done this

Go to Top of Page

Jono2411
Yearling

United Kingdom
639 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2009 :  09:50:31  Show Profile
I think Kehhlyr might...
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2009 :  09:57:48  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
I currently house a 1.1 together and will be housing a 1.2 together when they're old enough and yes, Kehhlyr's the man to speak to

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Jono2411
Yearling

United Kingdom
639 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2009 :  10:33:30  Show Profile
Kehhlyr is always the man to speak to...
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2009 :  18:05:44  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Yup, I house 1 male, and 2 females together.

How can I be of assistance?

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

dantheman2944
Hatchling

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  19:03:05  Show Profile  Click to see dantheman2944's MSN Messenger address
sorry took so long to write back, i have to females in my viv together and would like to introduce a male, kehhlyr do u have many problems in doin so, an wot size viv is suitable for it would be grateful of your help thanx

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  21:42:05  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
I have a 4ft x 18inch x 18 inch viv for my three.
There can be several problems in introducing a new snake into an already established viv. There could be territorial issues as well.
Likewise everything could go smoothly, there's a high risk that you could end up with problems, BUT everything could go swimmingly.

Mine have been in together since they were hatchlings, so have grown up together.

What age/size are the 2 females?
And the male?

The reason I ask is because this would be the best time of year to introduce a male, as it's mating time for a vast amount of snakes, so the females may accept the male.
But it's not recommended in some cases, because having a male in with females if they are young, could possibly be fatal to them if they become gravid (pregnant)

Go to Top of Page

dantheman2944
Hatchling

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  23:09:45  Show Profile  Click to see dantheman2944's MSN Messenger address
i have the same size viv i have a 5 yr old female just under 5 ft and another female a year old roughly 2 ft they are separated at the mo until both similar size, was really a question for the future. will this be a prob if they haven't been together from birth thanx

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2009 :  00:02:48  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
It could be a problem regardless unfortunately.
Although I house my snakes together, I'm on the bench when it comes to recommending it or not.

At that sort of age if you were to consider them sharing a viv, I'd still say get a new one and then introduce the pair of them into that. Because then it's neither ones territory.
The 2 ft female wouldn't be safe to breed for about another 2 years anyway, so you have plenty of time to research everything and get the info.

Have you read the sticky thread on sharing a viv?

May be worth a look through that as well.

Go to Top of Page

dantheman2944
Hatchling

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2009 :  17:02:36  Show Profile  Click to see dantheman2944's MSN Messenger address
thanx for your help appreciated

Go to Top of Page

dantheman2944
Hatchling

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2009 :  17:02:36  Show Profile  Click to see dantheman2944's MSN Messenger address
thanx for your help appreciated

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000