Shed but Tail hasn't
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

35 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2009 :  14:42:48  Show Profile
My Corn has had his first shed since being with me, but I cannot "find" the shed anywhere?

Do they eat it like lizards or is it just likely to be buried somewhere in the substrate?

Also it looks as though the last 4in or so of his tail has not shed, and im worried about this.... is there anything I can do to help?

Thanks

Carl.

0.0.1 Carolina Corn "Chequers"

solid
Hatchling

United Kingdom
428 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2009 :  20:56:32  Show Profile
not sure about the eating bit but give snakey a warm bath and let him slide thru a cloth or something, that should loosen it a bit. mine had about an inch left on his last shed but i managed to roll it off with wet finger and thumb

3.1.1 corns - solid,liquid,ocelot,fox + raiden / 0.0.1 missing MBK - raven
PS3id: adam83
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2009 :  10:24:16  Show Profile
The snake wouldn't have eaten it, its probably just hidden somewhere. For the tail, dab it with some damp kitchen roll and carefuly roll it off.

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2009 :  18:15:45  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Is there a possibility of it not actually having shed yet?
It could've gone through the blue-eye and dullness stage, but after that they clear up again for a few days before they actually shed.

He could be back in 'clear' stage again, and the end of his tail that looks like it hasn't shed could actually just be beginning to peel off.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2009 :  18:24:41  Show Profile
Yeah I thought that. snakey went really dull last week then seemed to clear up now his belly scales are almost grey instead of white and head has blue tinges.

Gave him his first bath ever last night aswell! Was slightly warm to my touch and he was doing laps but tried to get out the odd time so pulled him out after 5 or so minutes and let him wriggle in my old towel.

I gave him a bath as saw him sat in his waterbowl, got a fab photo to upload when I get my cable Kehhlyr :p and thought he'd like a dip.

Seemed to do the trick as the gaps between the scales are really white. so soon.. gonna feed again tomorrow see if he eats
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

35 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  11:06:16  Show Profile
how hot should the "bath" water be?

I dont have an external thermometer to should it be like a baby's bath or like human bath?

Anone have any examples of how hot it should be?

Carl.

0.0.1 Carolina Corn "Chequers"
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  12:40:34  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
no hotter than the hot end of the viv, so about 28-30*C, cooler than you'd run a baby's bath.

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000