Not active
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

182 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2008 :  22:10:55  Show Profile
Hi ya, since Rosa had mites and was treated and then shred she has become very lazy, spending all the time curled up under the kitchen paper and hiding, she no longer climbs in the trees or moves about at night. She is still eating 1 pinky every friday. when we get her out she moves around our hands and arms. Do you think she is ok ?

n/a
deleted

182 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2008 :  14:07:59  Show Profile
Hello guys, i can see a few people have read this but noone has posted a reply. are you guys not talking to me anymore or have i completely baffled you. any help would really be welcomed.

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2008 :  14:32:39  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
How long ago was she treated for mites???
I'm assuming she was 'jug treated' or similar?
Can you let me know how long ago and how she was treated please.
I won't be able to give a definate diagnosis, but may be able to give some ideas.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

182 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2008 :  14:40:57  Show Profile
I'm not sure how she was trreated i took her back to the pet shop where we got her, they rubbed something with cottonwall down her body, then a hour or so later she began to shed (which did take a few days to completely come off) this was about 2 weeks ago. she was alway of bark chipping before but is currently on kitchen towel, but is alway underneath it. we only see her when we take her out. thank you for you reply Kehhlyr

Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2008 :  14:54:41  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
most snakes do like to do nothing, have you noticed if she is more active at night

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

526 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2008 :  17:27:53  Show Profile
Maurice never does anything lol, spect shes fine
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

182 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2008 :  20:43:19  Show Profile
She used to be, but not since she has been on the kitchen paper.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

526 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2008 :  21:19:24  Show Profile
Hmmm, weird. I have a friend who is a bit of an expert, ill ask him if no one else can think of anything. Sorry i couldent help much...
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

182 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2008 :  07:43:35  Show Profile
Thank you jac mac. that would be great

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

526 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2008 :  14:54:29  Show Profile
He cant think of a reason, claims it might just be that she is just recovering from the mites. Going to the reptile shop soon so ill ask there, unless she is better already...
Go to Top of Page

Leyrielton2
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1060 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2008 :  16:30:11  Show Profile  Click to see Leyrielton2's MSN Messenger address
Is she due to shed? Angelina is due to shed but hasnt got blue eye yet and is inactive, maybe this could be the reason she's inactive?

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2008 :  17:16:49  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
I think if she's still eating, then you shouldn't worry too much. That's usually the first sign something is wrong.

Lots of things can make them inactive- shedding, temperatures, nervousness. If she's just been treated for mites it's probably that. The trip to the pet shop might have made her a bit anxious that's all.

Most corns aren't very active by nature. She probably does come out right in the middle of the night when your not looking :0)

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

182 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2008 :  22:30:45  Show Profile
Thanks for all your advise, I'm probably worring too much. She has only just shed so dont think it can be that. I will just wait and see and hopefully we will see her moving about her viv again soon.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000