Feeding problems
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

3 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2008 :  11:19:02  Show Profile
Hi, wondered if any of you Can help. My son has two corn snakes one we believe is male & one female, they are aged 2. In the last three weeks the smaller male is not interested in food. He barely sniffs at it, we have tried putting him in a container with the mouse away from the female, who will pinch it & still he won't eat it. He now hasn't eaten for at least two weeks possibly three as we suspect the female had two meals one of those weeks. He seems quite well, but my son is starting to get worried. Any suggestions please?

n/a
deleted

201 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2008 :  13:17:02  Show Profile
There are a number of reasons they can stop feeding i.e. getting ready to breed? due to shed? temp in viv? maybe he is being intimidated by the other snake. Snakes can go a very long time without being fed so i wouldn`t worry too much at this early stage but keep doing what your doing and keep trying him every few days and always, if possible, feed them out of the viv and feed them seperately. Good luck.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

3 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2008 :  19:04:59  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by jonb

There are a number of reasons they can stop feeding i.e. getting ready to breed? due to shed? temp in viv? maybe he is being intimidated by the other snake. Snakes can go a very long time without being fed so i wouldn`t worry too much at this early stage but keep doing what your doing and keep trying him every few days and always, if possible, feed them out of the viv and feed them seperately. Good luck.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

3 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2008 :  19:06:11  Show Profile
Many thanks for that, we will stick with it, my son feels much happier after reading your reply. Thankyou.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000