how to find a escaped corn
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

59 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2009 :  00:24:53  Show Profile
well he managed to get 9" upwars to the tinyest hole up the back were i hadnt sealed the lid down properly there litterly 1cm gap, thats the only place vaable he could of got out of.... im devestated,

more to the point how do i find/catch him? will he turn up one day or is that the last ill se off him,

problem i have is i got 1 kitten, 1 cat and a dog. theres no traces of blood guts what have you, sounds gresome but you ge the idea...

now whats the most likley place for a snake to go? will it stay there and die or will it just apper one day?? ive had the front room upside down and infact decided to move it about as i kept meaning to do, so i know he defently not in the front room... how far will it go??

any info from ppl that jave had one escape and found it

also could a 13" corn climb stairs??? if so i do hope theres a god, i got so much stuff in my room loads of hiddy places etc!!

n/a
deleted

13 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2009 :  06:07:11  Show Profile
my corn escaped about 3 weeks ago , same size as yours by the sounds of it . I LOOKED EVERYWHERE. so i thought?? Then last monday she came out from under the couch which is about 1 metre from her viv . Look round near his viv again and again most likely to be close to home . Hope you find him and dont give up!!!

0.1.0 Normal corn (Barney)
0.1.0 Jack Russell (Bracken
0.0.2 Goldfish (Gingernut , Goggleyes
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2009 :  08:06:53  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Look behind fridges/freezer etc.
The motor and compressor in the back of them gets nice and warm
They could climb stairs fairly easily, but he'll more than likely be somewhere warm.

I currently have a King snake hiding around my house somewhere, so you're not the only one.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

59 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2009 :  08:16:26  Show Profile
great thanks,
so will it show its face one day??
i realy do hope i find it, its my first snake, and ive wanted one for a long time, after owning many spiders,which i still do..

ive looked absolutly every were theztig

i moved the liveng room around at 11pm at night lol, just to double make sure every item was lifted!!

ok yes ill check the fidge and frezzer, would it be fast enoth to get away from 2 playful cats and a very exquiztive dog??
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

59 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2009 :  08:19:00  Show Profile
kehhlyr from the other thread title:name??

quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

quote:
Originally posted by matk

dont realy matter now he escaped :'(:'(

Have you set up any traps??
and covered doorways in flour?

traps??

nope never thought of that

but have kids 2 kids and a dog so easily disturbed, please tell me more

Edited by - n/a on 27/03/2009 08:20:13
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

119 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2009 :  08:39:46  Show Profile
Cut the top off a 2litre plastic bottle turn in inside its self and tape it shut, put a warm pinkie in an leave the bottle some where warm. If you set a few up around warm places when he gets hungry/cold he will search out a warm place and find the food in the bottle an if he eats it then he will be too fat to fit back threw the hole :)

hope you catch your little runaway. Good luck!

1.0 Bearded Dragon - Loki
0.1 Corn Snake - Smoo
1.1 Mexican Black King Snakes - Nameless
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

59 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2009 :  08:51:42  Show Profile
ok cool, dont quite know were to stick it but i suppose i can just put the pinkies in certain places and check every day,
how long will a pinkie last if not eaten?? i mean how long till its gone bad and a heath risk to the snake??
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2009 :  09:37:26  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
The pinky has to be inside a bottle or snake will eat it then go and hide again.

Putting flour down across the doorways will leave marks in the flour if snake has gone into/out of a room.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Budaholic
Yearling

United Kingdom
689 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2009 :  10:45:25  Show Profile  Visit Budaholic's Homepage
Link to bottle trap making guide
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2009 :  18:13:50  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
Check your clothes before you put them in the washer. We nearly lost our missing corn that way They love clothes, especially hiding in pockets

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000