Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

37 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2009 :  19:54:04  Show Profile
just informing people that may not have seen the news today, jade goody died in the early hours of the morning

what are your thoughs on this.

persinally i feel sorry for the kids more than anything else..

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2009 :  20:07:34  Show Profile
I didnt follow it very well, but its very sad no matter what people think of her.

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2009 :  20:12:10  Show Profile
yeah at 3:15 am on mothers day morning. How sad, especially for her little boys.

R.I.P

Everyone makes mistakes anyway.
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2009 :  20:15:29  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Bothers me not a jot, sorry.

Hundreds die daily from cancers across the country, she just happens to be of been someone who was once on reality tv firstly being stupid and secondly being racist.

I do feel for her children in the same way I feel for any children losing their parents.

Perhaps some good can come out of it by making others more aware.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

37 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2009 :  20:24:32  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

Hundreds die daily from cancers across the country, she just happens to be of been someone who was once on reality tv firstly being stupid and secondly being racist.

I do feel for her children in the same way I feel for any children losing their parents.

if we heard about the hundreds of people that died daily from cancer, we'd have no good news at all (not that we usually do anyway!)

she may have been racist in reality tv, but she's not the only one i'm sure.

she put up a good battle and don't you respect her for trying to raise money for the kids?
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2009 :  20:37:49  Show Profile
I think it has raised awareness for alot of people. I agree with Piers about her being just one of many, but as I didnt know the rest, I cant acknowledge them in the same way.

Go to Top of Page

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2009 :  21:02:06  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address
quote:

Agreed 110%

www.youtube.com/BlueTongueDan
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

148 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2009 :  21:27:04  Show Profile
I feel so sad for her boys, i lost my dad to cancer when i was 20 so i know how hard it is but to be that young losing your mum .....its going to be so hard for them. alot of people think it was wrong to be so public about it but i know if i was in her positon and i could earn some money out of it so my kids could have a better life than i did....i wouldnt hesitate. i think she was a very brave woman.

3 Corn Snakes
6 Dumbo Rats
2 Chinchillas
1 Chameleon
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2009 :  21:31:38  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
i feel the same as be to a certain extent,yes i feel for her children but people are dying every day from cancer and i myself lost my dad to asbestos but you dont see the ordinary folk in the papers ect when they pass away.So i find it hard to take an interest in it all.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

362 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2009 :  22:07:09  Show Profile
quote:

Couldn't put it better myself.

1 Carolina Corn Snake
1 Royal Python
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2009 :  22:07:59  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

but people are dying every day from cancer and..but you dont see the ordinary folk in the papers ect when they pass away. So i find it hard to take an interest in it all.

Well said, and thats how I feel also.

Edited by - matty18714 on 22/03/2009 22:08:31
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2009 :  10:14:20  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
In regards this sort of thing, again more agreement with sympathy for her children.
But i do think she should of allowed herslef more dignity. For example, I personally didn't know Wendy Richards was dying of cancer until AFTER she had died. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Pauline from Eastenders more popular and well known compared to Jade?
I can understand parts of her doing what she was for her kids, but not once did I hear of here going on a 'Get yourself checked' campaign or similar.
She was a girl that was so thick she made 2 short planks look like a computer, and whether or not she was racist or not is a different thing as well, I doubt she even knew what the word meant, in a lot of ways she was like a naive child, and got put into or put herself into situations and went along with it not quite knowing what to do.
Her children will miss her, and so will her family.

I do apologise in advance for this if anyone takes offence, but I wont miss her. We may get proper stories in the news now.
Like what several people have already said, many people die from cancer and/or diagnosed with it every day, but everyone else has dignity. Max Clifford should also have been doing something other than lining his pockets as well.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Edited by - Kehhlyr on 23/03/2009 10:16:04
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

59 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2009 :  12:10:12  Show Profile
i quite agree, my nan spent a long hard time fighting cancer but it took over her body and she was 75 odd,
and yes if she had reguler smear tests then she wouldn't be dead,

and also i dont agree with ok etc making big news to make money, IF they said right, 20% of all prociding made from front cover jade goody sales, goes to cancer reserach i think it would have made ok look better rather than a money making grim reaper!

and yer you didnt see Wendy Richards much in the news, think twice over the space of a few months and then once when she passed away

as much as i personaly feel for her children as i know how it must feel becasue my dad was devestated! and hes 50

still im sure she has made a very big status on the fact you must get smear tested because it will just hit you hard, first symtoms are genrealy to late and cancer has done its job already.
and i do hope she made a bit of money for the cancer charitys
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

595 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2009 :  13:16:25  Show Profile
its sad that she had cancer, just like its sad when anyone gets it, I didnt really like her but i would never say she deserved it etc.
Just as no one does. Ok she wanted to make money for her kids but tbh...it crossed the line, and i know it offended alot of people who have cancer. Its sad for her two boys, being so young and losing their mum. My step sis was 12 when her mum died a year ago, and i know that was hard. I feel for her family and friends, just as i do anyone whos lost a loved one

0.2.0 corn snake
1.2.0 Leopard Gecko
2.1.0 Hermann tortoises
3.1.0 Dogs
0.1.0 Bird
0.0.5 Fish
1.0.0 Ferrets
1.2.0 bearded dragons
Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2009 :  19:39:10  Show Profile
Never been a huge fan of Jade but I really respect the way she has used her misfortune to raise awareness - My best mate had cancerous cells found on her first smear at the age of just 23 and it frigtened me in to my checks but i know loads of women who keep putting it off coz face it.... it's just not nice.

Hopefully her legacy campaign will get the screaning age in England down to 20 in line with the rest of the UK too, and save the lives and fertility of many more women.

It doesn't really matter what you link of someone during their life, she has died and in a very unpleasent way leaving behind two young kids. I think the people who didn't like her should just have a bit of respct and take some advice from my Nan "If you cant say something nice, don't say anything at all" and not waste their energy setting up Facebook hate groups and such like - it's sick!

Ahh rant over, i feel better now.

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

526 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2009 :  19:46:02  Show Profile
quote:

Agreed. It may be blunt, but it sure is true.
Go to Top of Page

Ell
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1640 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2009 :  11:30:10  Show Profile  Click to see Ell's MSN Messenger address
It would be nice if everyone who was dying of cancer could sell their story and have a £1million wedding and fantastic last few weeks.

1.0.0 Normal corn snake - Dusk
0.1.0 Strawberry Snow Stripe corn snake - Dawn
0.1.0 Harlequin Crested Gecko - Stickles
1.0.0 Sable Syrian Hamster - CoCo
0.1.0 Hognose snake - Truffles
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

37 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2009 :  14:08:46  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Ell

It would be nice if everyone who was dying of cancer could sell their story and have a £1million wedding and fantastic last few weeks.

it would, but most normal people arn't famous.

there's your anser
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2009 :  19:49:13  Show Profile
Well my thoughts again;

Well i think its good in the respect she raised cervical cancer, good job for not giving up good job for raising her kids and such.

but not being horrible but she was a reality star and at the end of the day just another human. Know its rather hard hitting and sharp but wer'e born we live and we die.
(didn't mean to be a bit depressing there) and sometimes lives are cut short. I think she knew she did wrong being racist but she's not the only one and she said sorry.

What I say is; get tested and raise awareness from it.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

526 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2009 :  20:19:14  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

Well my thoughts again;

Well i think its good in the respect she raised cervical cancer, good job for not giving up good job for raising her kids and such.

but not being horrible but she was a reality star and at the end of the day just another human. Know its rather hard hitting and sharp but wer'e born we live and we die.
(didn't mean to be a bit depressing there) and sometimes lives are cut short. I think she knew she did wrong being racist but she's not the only one and she said sorry.

Hypothetical; If I got famous and did something to offend you and others directly, would you readily forgive?

And then I supose you have to ask how far you can go on that, like if i killed someone would doing something good make things better?

Edit-Reading that back its sounds a tad harsh, it wasnt meant to, I was just rasing a point

Edited by - n/a on 24/03/2009 20:20:06
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

595 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2009 :  20:53:07  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Jac_mac

quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

Well my thoughts again;

And then I supose you have to ask how far you can go on that, like if i killed someone would doing something good make things better?

that depends on who you killed, why and what good thing you did.

lol

0.2.0 corn snake
1.2.0 Leopard Gecko
2.1.0 Hermann tortoises
3.1.0 Dogs
0.1.0 Bird
0.0.5 Fish
1.0.0 Ferrets
1.2.0 bearded dragons
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page