Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2009 :  21:35:48  Show Profile
I don't think killings ever justified, only if you have to kill someone to stop them killing a large number themselves
ie a suicide bomber

I mean if someone was racist to me, they can in a way 1/4 scottish so ner, but I probably would get offended as i cannot control that but I mean free speech and all that so I'd say "that hurts, but your entitled to your own opinion"
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2009 :  23:41:08  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
In regards the rascism issue, things like that only exist (in my opinion) because of a small few who then ingrain it into their offspring AND the political correctness crew.

When my daughter was only about 10 days old we took her into our local village school because the children (aged 5-7) were doing descriptions and were asked to describe a baby but some of them hadn't seen a real baby close up, so couldn't do it properly.
We hung around after they had done the description, and what follows still amazes me to this day:
They were asked to pair off and describe each other, A 6 year old girl had to describe her partner who just so happened to have skin that was a different colour to her. This is EXACTLY how she described her: "The girl who's hair doesn't move when she runs."

Now I would've had difficulty describing that child without using words that are deemed 'rascist', but only because of the PC brigade going overboard over everything.

My half brother has a skin colour quite a bit darker than me (different dads), and in the past we've been told we don't look alike, so he responds with 'My dad was black', and that's OK but if I were to say it, then the PC brigade would jump on me. Hence why (again my opinion) people trying to stamp out and stop rascism is probably making things worse.
I don't think Jade was rascist, she may have been making what were seemed derogatory statements and words to Shilpa Shetty, but the combination of being a few fish short of a hatstand and having friends that she used to mess around with was made worse by the PC brigade.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

526 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2009 :  10:36:49  Show Profile
I suppose you right, people can interprate things diffrently.
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2009 :  10:16:53  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Unfortunately, when you actually take a rear-view look at the whole Jade Goody thing, it seems to me as if it was just Max Clifford essentially just milking Jade.

Make you wonder if he's gonna see who'll pay the most money to have a camera in her coffin.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2009 :  23:00:15  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address
i have so much sympathy for the kids, as I personally know what it's like loosing a parent young.
And I respect Goody for raising awareness for the cause and raising money for her kids.

But beyond that? My boyfriends grandmother died just before christmas of liver cancer, my own grandfather of lung cancer, my aunt of breast cancer, so yes uts all vbery sad and thoughts to her family, but we all have our own relations to this horrible disease.

In my opinion, focusing particularly on one person like this..... ok yeh, can't reinforce enough that I respect her fight etc, but if a person out of the spotlight used theier fight to raise moeny for the charity, would they get the same attantion?

No

Simply.

~~ My Zoo ~~
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon - Cooper
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.1.0 Normal Leopard Gecko - Layla
1.1.0 Cats - Zelda the Maine Coon & Link the Ragdoll X Tabby
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids
0.0.20 Community fish tank

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2009 :  18:30:55  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
The only thing that annoyed me is the newspapers!

How two faced are they? For years they've done nothing but slag Jade off, then when she's dying they've cashed in on the sympathy. They don't care at all, it's just another story to them. They do it all the time. It was same with Princess Diana. How much did they slate her before she died? She was in the paper nearly every week with a new bit of goss making her look bad, then she had the crash and ever since they've been cashing in.

The press are cunning and nasty really. Playing on public sympathies to keep their ratings up.

I also hate it when they make gossip up and say stuff like 'which celebrity has been caught doing...' and they never say who. Why? Because it's not real. They made it up and don't point anyone out because they'd get sued!

I could go on... but I won't

Go to Top of Page

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2009 :  18:43:48  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address
omg... goody is going to be the new diana....

Diana is still in the papers near to every day, and now Goody will be for the next 5,10 years....

Then there will be another Diana-death and the whole cycle will start again!
Ohhhh the British media...

~~ My Zoo ~~
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon - Cooper
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.1.0 Normal Leopard Gecko - Layla
1.1.0 Cats - Zelda the Maine Coon & Link the Ragdoll X Tabby
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids
0.0.20 Community fish tank

Go to Top of Page

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2009 :  14:32:13  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address
I heard a rumor that they're plannin on making a movie based on her life...

What a joke.

www.youtube.com/BlueTongueDan
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000