constrict
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

148 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2009 :  22:13:39  Show Profile
I fed my newest addition yesterday after letting him settle in and he constricted, my other 2 dont do this even though the eldest one is 6 yrs old and i thought he would but doesnt, anyway snowie constricted so much the pinkie just exploded, mess everywhere lol, has anyone else had this?

3 Corn Snakes
6 Dumbo Rats
2 Chinchillas
1 Chameleon

n/a
deleted

244 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2009 :  22:32:29  Show Profile
that's pretty nasty! :\

my snake's yet to constrict. he's just a baby, awww.. :)

0.0.1 - carolina corn snake
0.0.1 - royal python
0.1.0 - honduran milk snake
1.0.0 - mexican black king snake

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

148 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2009 :  22:35:09  Show Profile
i know, imagine what hes going to be like as an adult lol, im hoping it was a one off.

3 Corn Snakes
6 Dumbo Rats
2 Chinchillas
1 Chameleon
Go to Top of Page

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2009 :  08:09:06  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address
y would you hope its a one off. feeding time is one of the fun moments

Go to Top of Page

Janos
Hatchling

United Kingdom
180 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2009 :  11:58:36  Show Profile  Click to see Janos's MSN Messenger address
Hehe, awww.
My snake constricts only if I insist on wiggling the mouse in front of her after it's been heated a bit above room temperature, ie. if she thinks its alive, but otherwise eats it without incident really. She's never constricted that hard before though...

1.0.0 Normal Royal Python - Ozzy
0.1.0 Anerythristic Corn Snake - Astra
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko - Zilly
0.0.1. - Sinaloan's Milksnake, Harley

Go to Top of Page

Budaholic
Yearling

United Kingdom
689 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2009 :  18:43:29  Show Profile  Visit Budaholic's Homepage
Do you flash defrost your mice in warm water? I think this softens the flesh quite a lot and they'll be more prone to 'popping' open with the slightest squeeze.

Try thawing your mice over a longer time. I get a mouse out in the morning and leave in a tub wrapped in some kitchen paper all day. Then feed in the evening.
Go to Top of Page

Janos
Hatchling

United Kingdom
180 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2009 :  19:22:56  Show Profile  Click to see Janos's MSN Messenger address
Ah, yeah, that's true. That might explain why this has never happened to me, I tend to just leave the mice out to defrost.

1.0.0 Normal Royal Python - Ozzy
0.1.0 Anerythristic Corn Snake - Astra
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko - Zilly
0.0.1. - Sinaloan's Milksnake, Harley

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

148 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2009 :  23:07:12  Show Profile
i leave them out to defrost, but warm it up slightly with a hairdryer so it was slightly warm for him. nothing i dont normaly do with my other two. The girl i got him from did warn me he was greedy

3 Corn Snakes
6 Dumbo Rats
2 Chinchillas
1 Chameleon
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

94 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2009 :  04:11:34  Show Profile
Cassie constricts almost every feed, tonight I gave her 2 pinkies for the first time, the first one she constricted really well, the best I've seen her do it. The second I just left in the feeding tub so she didn't constrict for that. I think she is about 5/6 months, but I've only had her for almost 2 months. I worry that i'm either not feeding her enough (has been 1 pinky every 5/6 days) or that If I increase it too early she will get obese, but she seemed to manage with the two so I'll stick to 2 now. I'll give her an extra day or two though before her next feed would be due.
(usually leave them in a bag in warm water to defrost and give them to her when they are still warm, not hot though)

Edited by - n/a on 18/03/2009 02:36:56
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000