3 in a viv
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dantheman2944
Hatchling

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2009 :  20:51:57  Show Profile  Click to see dantheman2944's MSN Messenger address
i,ve heard of people keepin 3 snakes in a viv together, would they have to be the same sex or could there be 2 females and a male

thanks to solid for the sig

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2009 :  21:19:28  Show Profile
I did that till my female died and I have two males at the mo in there, but as one of my males is up for sale so my anery will be meeting a new female any time soon... as soon as he ships out... :( theyr'e fine untill they get mature and hormones start buzzing then fights over the females wouldv'e happened and terroritory issues.
Go to Top of Page

dantheman2944
Hatchling

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2009 :  22:51:43  Show Profile  Click to see dantheman2944's MSN Messenger address
i see but would there be fights between two females if there was a male in there

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2009 :  22:52:52  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

I did that till my female died and I have two males at the mo in there, but as one of my males is up for sale so my anery will be meeting a new female any time soon... as soon as he ships out... :( theyr'e fine untill they get mature and hormones start buzzing then fights over the females wouldv'e happened and terroritory issues.

Sorry, but this is poor information. Corns are most likely to be canabalistic when young and also males are sexually mature a lot younger than females. So you could get a young couple mating before the female is ready which can cause all sort of problems, even death.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2009 :  23:42:04  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address
thank you! BlackEcho to the rescue :)

~~ My Zoo ~~
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon - Cooper
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.1.0 Normal Leopard Gecko - Layla
1.1.0 Cats - Zelda the Maine Coon & Link the Ragdoll X Tabby
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids
0.0.20 Community fish tank

Go to Top of Page

dantheman2944
Hatchling

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2009 :  22:22:50  Show Profile  Click to see dantheman2944's MSN Messenger address
what if 2 full size females were sharing with a full size male

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

105 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2009 :  23:11:16  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

yeah when their young is the worst time tokeep them together... i think some more research is in order hillzi!!!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

94 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2009 :  04:05:26  Show Profile
From looking at other peoples posts and the debate on the sticky I'd say that other then for mating, corns are solitary creatures who derive no pleasure from being together, apart from possibly sharing body warmth. So it's only us that gets anything out of it. I'd be against keeping more then one snake permanently together just for that reason. The potential problems that could occur should outweigh our desire to find it 'cute' that our snakes appear to be cuddling etc.

Go to Top of Page

gazza89
Snake Mite

37 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2009 :  08:45:21  Show Profile
I keep my two young corns together, both around 6 months now and they have been perfectly fine together. I seperate when feeding so they dont both go for the same food. Soon i am making my own vivs which will be a 3 stack thing, i will then be putting them in seperate tanks. I know 1 is a female but unsure about the other hense the reason i putting them seperate.
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2009 :  16:13:23  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by dantheman2944

what if 2 full size females were sharing with a full size male

It could work, but you would have to be prepared for eggs.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

46 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2009 :  16:19:55  Show Profile
thanks for the info glad i only have one corn snake now lol
Go to Top of Page

dantheman2944
Hatchling

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2009 :  22:56:40  Show Profile  Click to see dantheman2944's MSN Messenger address
thanx for advice and help

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000