digest
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dantheman2944
Hatchling

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2009 :  21:40:28  Show Profile  Click to see dantheman2944's MSN Messenger address
can cornsnakes digest a lil substrate, was feeding her today and noticed only a small bit of bark in her mouth i tried to get it but she swollowed it is this dangerous, thanx dan

thanks to solid for the sig

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2009 :  21:41:51  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
what sort of substrate are you using? aspen, shredded paper you could probably get away with, beech chippings you'd have to be lucky!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

dantheman2944
Hatchling

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2009 :  02:02:56  Show Profile  Click to see dantheman2944's MSN Messenger address
its beech chips mate, will she be ok shes nearly 5ft wont she be able to pass it

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2009 :  13:43:22  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
possibly not, are you sure it went down? chippings are often brushed off as it enters the snake's mouth. if not i'd monitor her really carefully, maybe even change her onto newspaper for substrate so you can easily monitor her defaecating.

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2009 :  23:03:31  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
I personally would recommend feeding in separate tubs, Like a vast amount of people on here do, for an example, this is me feeding my 3.

It allows for no chance (normally) of taking something else in with the food.
The reason I say normally is because I had to remove a bit of fluff that had stuck my snake earlier that he had licked and was stuck near his mouth.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

dantheman2944
Hatchling

United Kingdom
325 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2009 :  23:07:05  Show Profile  Click to see dantheman2944's MSN Messenger address
thanx for the advice will do this in future, are those 3 snakes normally housed together

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  00:10:33  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
My 3 are housed together yes, although weirdly I wouldn't recommend it.
It's a case of 'do as i say, not as I do' scenario really.
They've been together since they were hatchlings, so are still kept together. Also even though most snakes wouldn't normally enjoy company, mine seem to pine if they're separated.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000