Feeding Advice
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

35 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2009 :  08:59:57  Show Profile
Please accept my apologies for so many posts, but the advice gievn here is invaluable, and i really appreciate it.

Got my new corn on Tues so i guess its due for its next feed tomorrow.

I would really like to know how MUCH to feed it though as im not sure how old the snake is, and the pet shop owner wasnt much help either. Could anyone tell roughly how old it is from the picture below?

Also how will i know if its still hungry after eating? what are the signs that it is either still hungry or has had enough? I wouldnt like to overfeed it as i understand the regurge is unpleasant for the snake, but I would like to know its had its bellyfull!!

at the moment the pet shop says 1 x pinkie every 5 or so days. Does this sound about right.

The pet shop says he "thinks" the snake is about 6 months old.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Carl.

0.0.1 Carolina Corn "Chequers"

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2009 :  09:44:43  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
You shouldn't determine food size by age, more by the girth of the snake. The prey item should roughly be the same girth as the snake. Every 5 days or so is right for up to about a year and then they can go longer.

I would guess from your picture (although it is only a guess) that your snake could take a fuzzy mouse.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

75 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2009 :  10:37:28  Show Profile
Hi ya hes a good looking snake but Blackecho is right he should be eating fuzzzy, have you thought about trying him with one and seeing how he goes with it ? let me no how he gets on Kay
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

35 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  09:40:41  Show Profile
Hiya, thanks for the replies.

I think the above picture makes him look a little bigger than what he actually is. I will try and get a better "profile" pic of chequers later today.

I just dont want him to suffer if he cant take a bigger feed type. What will happen will he regurge? 'cos ive heard this is particularly unpleasant for the snake.

Carl.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

35 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  10:47:54  Show Profile
Here is a slightly better pic showing his size. Do you still think a fuzzy is a good idea?

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  10:55:03  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
he could take a fzzy as the others have said but if your not sure try him with 2 pinkies for 2-3 feeds thenhe will definitly be ready for fuzzy's.

Edited by - lee2308 on 09/03/2009 11:59:41
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

125 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  11:54:37  Show Profile
I think Lee meant 'try him with 2 pinkies for 2-3 feeds then he will be ready for fuzzys'...

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  12:00:18  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
thanks neil,edited now.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000